Devil may cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Devil may cry (edition 2007)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Title:Devil may cry
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon (Author)
Info:London : Piatkus, 2007.
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned, Read
Tags:fiction, read, 2012, (library), ll, november, paranormal, gods, dark hunters, A074

Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Devil May Cry
4 Stars

An improvement over the last few lackluster installments.

The plot is good with the introduction of new villains and interesting revelations concerning well established characters. Acheron and Artemis's relationship takes on a new dimension and while their interaction still annoys me, at least it is more understandable now, although I wish the "bitch-goddess" would get her just desserts already.

Kat has intrigued me since Kiss of the Night and answers are finally provided to the questions I had back then. Sin makes an excellent tortured hero and his romance with Kat is sweet. They grow as individuals throughout the book and make sense as a couple despite the somewhat cliched obstacles and the short time frame.

My favorite aspect of the book is Ash's little talks with Kat, which often left me smiling.

All in all, Kenyon is back on track with this one. I only hope she continues in their vein. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
I didn't like this one as much as others in terms of characterization. I'm not sure why really. Maybe too many guilt-filled internal monologues from Sin and Kat. I liked that Acheron played a bigger role, but even he seemed a bit flat. However, four stars because I still sped through it and neglected a big pile of work in my need to finish the book. The action was awesome and Simi (my favorite after Ash) played a huge role. I love Simi. ( )
  ReneeMiller | Feb 25, 2016 |
It was predictable, very little surprised me, the romance was corny. I was disappointed, enough said. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this volume. Sin is my kind of Dark-Hunter. Yum! Okay, so he's not really a Dark-Hunter, but still. No less yummy. And Kat. Wow. Now I know why Artemis' Kori are never allowed to stay when Ash is visiting. That was quite the unexpected revelation, though I really should have seen it coming. I have to admit that this one pulled at the ol' heartstrings quite a bit. ( )
  kjpmcgee | Sep 9, 2015 |
Reread June 2010 preparing to read Archeron.

I'd forgotten what a great character Sin is! ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Vengeance. Some say it's a poison that infiltrates the soul and strips it bare.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312946864, Mass Market Paperback)

For millennia, the ex-god turned Dark-Hunter Sin has sought to regain his powers and take  revenge on Artemis. But  now he has bigger fish—or in this case, demons—to fry. The lethal gallu that were buried by his pantheon are stirring, and they are hungry for human flesh. Their goal: To destroy mankind. Sin is the only one who can stop them…if a certain woman doesn’t kill him first.

Enemies have always made strange bedfellows, but never more so than when the fate of the world hangs in the balance. Now a man who only knows betrayal must trust the one person most likely to hand him to the demons. Artemis may have stolen his godhood, but this one has stolen his heart. The only question is: Will she keep it…or feed it to those who want him dead?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:31 -0400)

Sin seeks revenge on Artemis by kidnapping a woman he believes to be the goddess, only to discover that he has abducted her servant, Katra, who persuades him to save Artemis from an enemy who threatens all human life.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,687,287 books! | Top bar: Always visible