Braided Creek: A Conversation in Poetry by…

Braided Creek: A Conversation in Poetry

by Jim Harrison, Ted Kooser (Author)

Great quasi-haiku back and forth. Sometimes inane but often thoughtful and image provoking. ( )
  JBreedlove | Oct 12, 2014 |
A wonderful collection of short verse, swaying from humorous to poignant. I enjoy reading through it in large chunks and then repeating it one small poem a day.
  sheehy | Feb 12, 2008 |

Harrison, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kooser, TedAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 155659187X, Paperback)

Braided Creek contains more than 300 poems exchanged in this longstanding correspondence. Wise, wry, and penetrating, the poems touch upon numerous subjects, from the natural world to the nature of time. Harrison and Kooser decided to remain silent over who wrote which poem, allowing their voices, ideas, and images to swirl and merge into this remarkable suite of lyrics.

Each time I go outside the world
is different. This has happened
all my life.
The moon put her hand
over my mouth and told me
to shut up and watch.
A nephew rubs the sore feet
of his aunt,
and the rope that lifts us all toward grace
creaks on the pulley.
Under the storyteller’s hat
are many heads, all troubled.

Jim Harrison, one of America’s best-loved writers, is author of two dozen books of poetry, fiction, essays, food criticism, and memoir. He is best known for a collection of novellas, Legends of the Fall, and the epic novel Dalva. He lives in western Montana and southern Arizona.

Ted Kooser is the author of eight collections of poetry and a prose memoir. His poetry appears regularly in The Atlantic Monthly, The New Yorker, Poetry, and The Nation. He lives in Nebraska.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:14 -0400)

Presents brief poems originally exchanged by the longtime friends in their letters to each other, exploring such topics as the natural world, aging, and the nature of poetry.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,471,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible