Scissors by Ray Garton

Title:Scissors
Authors:Ray Garton
Info:Leisure Books (2010), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 322 pages

Scissors by Ray Garton

Despite some difficulty identifying with some characters and some shifts in the story, I did like this book and would recommend it. The story follows Stuart Mullond at a particularly troublesome point in his life. Despite it being years in the past, he's still tormented by a botched operation on his penis from when he was a little boy. In fact, he starts believing that he is being followed by Dr. Furgeson, the doctor who botched things. It is very obviously creating mental problems for him as his life quickly falls apart.

This is the part of the novel where rather than seeing the disintegration of a man's mental health into full-on crazy, I realized we were jumping straight into the crazy with no lead up. However, proving me wrong, Garton took the story in a slight twist and quickly changed things up. I'm not going to spoil things but I'll admit to being surprised and liking the new aspect. It took things to the next level. It made the story a little bit harder to believe but once I got past that part, it was great. It also totally changed the ending that I was predicting. The hardest part to connect with the story was the beginning when it's so obvious to the reader that Stuart needs serious help; that is when I couldn't connect with what the characters were doing. Still a good story though and one that is recommended. ( )
  dagon12 | Dec 27, 2014 |
A good novel that gets into the disturbed psyche of the protagonist, but reveals the chilling reality of the antagonist. ( )
  ARBraun7 | Jul 20, 2013 |
For Dawn, I live a write because of you
In his nightmare, Stuart is a little boy lying on a table in a doctor's office examination room.

Cemetery Dance

2 editions of this book were published by Cemetery Dance.

Editions: 1587670224, 1587670445

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,426,297 books! | Top bar: Always visible