Confessions of an Advertising Man by David…

Confessions of an Advertising Man (edition 2011)

by David Ogilvy (Author)

A new edition of the timeless business classic featured on Mad Men--as fresh and relevant now as the day it was written   "We admire people who work hard, who are objective and thorough. We detest office politicians, toadies, bullies, and pompous asses. We abhor ruthlessness. The way up our ladder is open to everybody. In promoting people to top jobs, we are influenced as much by their character as anything else."  --David Ogilvy   David Ogilvy was considered the "father of advertising" and a creative genius by many of the biggest global brands. First published in 1963, this seminal book revolutionized the world of advertising and became a bible for the 1960s ad generation. It also became an international bestseller, translated into 14 languages. Fizzing with Ogilvy's pioneering ideas and inspirational philosophy, it covers not only advertising, but also people management, corporate ethics, and office politics, and forms an essential blueprint for good practice in business.… (more)
Member:KevinEldon
Title:Confessions of an Advertising Man
Authors:David Ogilvy (Author)
Info:Southbank Publishing (2011), Edition: REV ed., 192 pages

Confessions of an Advertising Man by David Ogilvy

English (4)  Italian (1)  All languages (5)
I read this book a while ago and it is still current. An excellent book to read if you are interested in advertising ( )
  GRHewitt | Jan 23, 2018 |
For anyone who has worked in the advertising industry this is inspirational stuff and an interesting insight into the history of the industry. David Ogilvy was one of the founding fathers of modern advertising and a good story teller. He was perhaps the inventor of the long copy so beloved of direct sales people. ( )
  DavidFerrers | Mar 10, 2017 |
I'm disappointed that I didn't read this 15 year ago. Forget all of the faux leadership and self-help manuals around today; this book is a primer on management applicable across all fields. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
As an architectural graduate/designer who has worked both in a large firm and running my own business, this was an interesting book to read. While some of the comments and critiques are advertising specific, the thoughts on what makes good design and how to interact with a client are true for all design veins. It would be interesting to have been able to hear his thoughts on the ad world now; I get the feeling he would not be pleased with its current role/style. ( )
  loralu | Nov 17, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,579,771 books! | Top bar: Always visible