Dragonsdale by Salamanda Drake
Cara yearns to ride her beloved Skydancer, a rare Goldenbrow dragon, but her father refuses to permit her to fly and she must be content with mucking out stalls and helping raise young dragons at the famed stud and training farm known as Dragonsdale.

My third-grader really enjoyed reading this with me. ( )
  SMBrick | Feb 25, 2018 |
A fantasy story about a girl working in a dragon stable who longs to ride a very special dragon. A great dragon story for horse lovers. ( )
  Tina_Ervin | Jun 21, 2014 |
I thought the writing style was rather impressive for someone sixteen years old—in fact, it's good for any age, I think. The writing style was easy to follow and interesting.I enjoyed the first half of the book or so. The plot for second half didn't hold my attention; so, I didn't really pay much attention there. I guess I was expecting the plot to revolve around something bigger after she got lost and all. There didn't seem to be many new elements to the plot after that, I mean—just visiting things similar to what has already happened (only with some triumph later on). If not for this, I'd give it four stars instead of three (provided I found it interesting still). I should note that I do find it interesting how they came back and worked things out; it wasn't expected, and that can definitely be good (however, it didn't seem as exciting as whatever I was expecting, even though I still consider it a noble move on the writer's part). I might read the second one if I decide I like the look of the plot.I could definitely tell this book was British. Much of the language used in dialog wasn't too far off from some British juvenile fiction I had read published around 1900, actually. I don't know if that manner of dialog is common in modern British literature, though, but if not, she did an excellent job of recreating certain things of an older period. ( )
  nules | Feb 13, 2010 |
there is a riding school for dragons ( )
  kaylab | Jan 9, 2010 |
I liked this book because it ends each chapter on a cliff hanger, making you want to read on. ( )
  kings7 | Mar 8, 2009 |

Salamanda Drakeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Marklew, GillyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pour Ali
- Mais pousse-toi donc, Voltefeu !

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,532,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible