Charity by Len Deighton

Not for those who want a racy, action packed set of spies, but for me Deighton's depth of characterisation and relationships more than makes up for his usually slow pace. ( )
  NaggedMan | Mar 25, 2014 |
The overriding thought I had with this book is "Whew, finally finished." It's taken me five years to read the nine main books of the Bernard Samson series (I haven't read the prequel novel, Winter, yet), and I think it could have safely stopped at six (the first two trilogies). Granted, this last novel does tie up a few more of the remaining loose ends, and I do enjoy following Bernard around on his adventures, but this was not my favourite of the saga by any means. Recommended primarily for the completist. ( )
  rabbitprincess | Dec 30, 2013 |
A bloated vampire moon drained all life and color from the world.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0061096024, Mass Market Paperback)

After steering master spy Bernard Samson through Faith and Hope, Len Deighton wraps up his trilogy with a predictable dose of Charity. Although the beleaguered spook has plenty of intrigue to deal with, this installment seems more diffuse and less plot-driven than its predecessors. Still, Deighton fans will probably enjoy the resolution of several outstanding cliffhangers, including the likelihood of a decent retirement package for the protagonist.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:18 -0400)

A British spy in 1980s Berlin investigates the death of his sister-in-law. She may have been murdered by his own service to save the life of his wife, also a spy. A tale of double agents and sacrificial lambs by the author of Hope.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,620,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible