Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka, Vol. 2 by Naoki…

Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka, Vol. 2 (edition 2009)

by Naoki Urasawa

Member:PhoenixTerran
Title:Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka, Vol. 2
Authors:Naoki Urasawa
Info:VIZ Media LLC (2009), Edition: Original, Paperback, 200 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Astro Boy, Fiction, Graphic Literature, Greatest Robot on Earth, Manga, Pluto, Science Fiction, Speculative Fiction, ^_^

Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 2 by Naoki Urasawa

English (3)  French (1)  All languages (4)
This story has gotten better. Volume 2 allows us to get to know Atom a bit. He is far more than he appears, which is to say, he appears to be a little boy. He is also a robot, but he is so realistic that he often fools/confuses other robots. He has many of the same natural longings as any other kid. There is such a seem less, if not disconcerting blending of robot and human vharacternistics in this tale it is difficult for me to keep it straight, to remember who is real and who is not a real human. This also forces an examination of the idea of humanity, and what qualifies.
Another strong and important robot has been destroyed and we still don't know who the killer is. We have established however that the seven most powerful robots living/existing in the world are being targeted for destruction. What we don't know is who or what is targeting them.
The case continues. Also added to the mix here is the revelation that the main character and detective in charge of solving these "murders" happens to be among the seven being targeted.
More importantly and strangely, he is unaware of this as it appears his memories have been tampered with.
On to volume 3. ( )
  khaalidah | Mar 14, 2014 |
This is fine for what it is. I guess it's just not my thing. I don't need to read anymore in this series. ( )
  CaliSoleil | Mar 5, 2014 |
This series is not something you can just pass up if you are a manga reader, beginner or veteran. The characters are believable, the art is fantastic and best of all, the story is incredible. This second volume brings more to light regarding the mysterious murders and offers more look into Atom himself.

I would feel very sad for anyone who passed this up. ( )
  MistStalker | Oct 16, 2009 |

Naoki Urasawaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cook, JaredTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schodt, Frederik L.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is a retelling of

"An advocate for robot rights and a renowned European robot have been murdered. Gesicht, the detective assigned to the case, has deduced that the killer is targeting the great robots of the world - which means that he too is one of the targets. Gesicht takes it upon himself to warn the potential targets, and Atom, the famous boy robot from Japan is next on his list."--P.[4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,452,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible