The Anti-Baby-Sitter Plot by Susan Fletcher

The Anti-Baby-Sitter Plot

by Susan Fletcher

Auron thought her life couldn't get any more complicated. Her mom remarried she has a new baby brother and her mom want to go back to work. It was already way too much ... and then she came along. Tanja. Sent from Germany to make Auron life miserable. Auron's mom says that she's just like a new big sister but Auron knows what she really is : a full-time baby-sitter! No way!When Aurora's mom decides to go back to work, they hire an Au Pair to take care of 11 year old Aurora and her younger brother Stewie. Aurora is determined not to like her and comes up with plans to make her leave. Aurora's goal seems to have her mom come home and take care of them, like things were before she married Aurora's step-father. ( )
  janique | Feb 15, 2011 |
Aurora is, I think, a little more nasty than your average 11-year-old, and that makes her very difficult to sympathise with. However, I may just be so removed from being 11 that I can't identify. I can't really tell, but I didn't enjoy this book very much because I wasn't rooting for the heroine. ( )
1 vote EmScape | Aug 16, 2009 |

When Aurora's mom decides to go back to work, they hire an Au Pair to take care of 11 year old Aurora and her younger brother Stewie. Aurora is determined not to like her and comes up with plans to make her leave. Aurora's goal seems to have her mom come home and take care of them, like things were before she married Aurora's step-father. Aurora is, I think, a little more nasty than your average 11-year-old, and that makes her very difficult to sympathise with. However, I may just be so removed from being 11 that I can't identify. I can't really tell, but I didn't enjoy this book very much because I wasn't rooting for the heroine

When Aurora's mom hires a full-time German baby-sitter named Tanja, Aurora decides that she is too old for a baby-sitter, and she concocts a clever plot for the newcomer. Reprint. PW.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:17 -0400)

In an effort to gain more time alone with her mother, Aurora schemes to get rid of Tanja, a nineteen-year-old au pair from Germany.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,057,561 books! | Top bar: Always visible