Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl

Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes (1982)

by Roald Dahl

English (44)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All (1)  All (47)
Revolting Rhymes is my favorite book of kids' poetry. It rehashes fairy tales in verse, with surprising twists! Readers need a somewhat dark sense of humor to enjoy this book (and, as a warning, there are some questionable words and phrases!) but overall, this book is just brilliant. And hysterical. ( )
  PattyHoward | Apr 24, 2018 |
Wow. No. Just no.
Rated as being for ages 6-8 but, aside from the questionable pictures, calling Cinderella a "slut" is super inappropriate. ( )
  benuathanasia | Feb 2, 2018 |
Very funny (and naughty) Dahlian versions of traditional children's tales. ( )
  bevok | Jul 31, 2017 |
I loved this book and found it hilarious, but I don't think everyone will. Roald Dahl takes six traditional tales and gives them a fairly grotesque and comical twist.The wonderful illustrations also add a humorous element, but even though they are cartoonish, I would not say this book is for younger readers. (I could see middle school students enjoying it.) My favorite twist on a tale is treating Goldilocks as a criminal and siding with the three bears; needless to say, it does not contain the well-known ending. Some might find the twists a bit disgusting (hence the title), but if you have a healthy (possibly British-like) sense of humor, you will enjoy this book. ( )
  mikeknoth | Jul 8, 2017 |
Revolting Rhymes (Paperback) by Roald Dahl is a book I read to my kids and then to my grandkids. This book has given everyone giggles in our house from the very young to the very old. It is the kind of book that never grows old itself. It is a keeper. I still have it from many years ago. I can not count how many times this poor book has been read! It was worth every penny. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Jun 14, 2017 |

Roald Dahlprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blake, QuentinIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I guess you think you know this story.

Do you think Cinderella married the prince and lived happily ever after, and that the three little pigs outsmarted the wolf? Think again! Premier storyteller Roald Dahl twists the fate of six favorite fairy tales, in this picture book edition with vibrant new cover art by Quentin Blake. Fairy tales have never been more revolting!

Illustrated by Quentin Blake.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:09 -0400)

Humorous retellings in verse of six well-known fairy tales featuring surprise endings in place of the traditional happily-ever-after.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141501758, 0141326832

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,495,053 books! | Top bar: Always visible