Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl

Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes (1982)

by Roald Dahl

Recently added byprivate library, UWRC, essicaanne, sister_ray, verbatrium, AbigailAdams26, fundevogel

Roald Dahl vale a pena ler, pois além de ter escrito histórias para crianças, tem nestas rimas (a ler apenas em Inglês) um twist divinal dos contos tradicionais para crianças.

Imperdível. ( )
  bruc79 | Jul 31, 2015 |
I can’t remember much about “Revolting Rhymes”, as I read it when at primary school, but I do recall how popular Roald Dahl was with most if not all of the class, and this book was amongst the most popular. For that reason I’m rating this four stars and hope I’m not being unjustified.

I either read this or had it read to me (the equivalent to an audio book) or both somewhere from 1983-85, thus I’ve put 1984 as reading dates as an average. I will have read/heard a few of Mr Dahl’s books during this period, of which some titles I can’t remember at all.

If I had to or wanted to re-read any children’s books for some reason or other then I’d definitely opt for works by this author. All these years on and he’s left a very faint yet happy memories in the back of my mind. ( )
  PhilSyphe | Feb 5, 2015 |
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Roald Dahl is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
This book contains Roald Dahl's twists on popular classic fairy tales. At first glance these could be somewhat ordinary versions of fairy tales, but they are quite different. For example, with Cinderella, her stepsisters still try to steal the prince away, but their heads are cut off! Also, Cinderella ends up "happily ever after" with a "simple jam-maker" instead of the rich prince. In the case of Little Red Riding Hood, she is shoots the evil wolf with a pistol and makes a "lovely furry wolfskin coat" with his remains. These poems are extremely fun, and the rhyming is great. I think any of these poems could be great introductions to poetry for future classes. ( )
  SMLawrence | Sep 30, 2014 |
I've had this book in my home since I was a small child and honestly this book is the reason I sometimes remember nursery rhymes and old fairy-tales wrong. Absolutely nostalgic and just as wonderful today as it was a decade ago! ( )
  PracticallyPerfect | Sep 30, 2014 |

Roald Dahlprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blake, QuentinIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I guess you think you know this story.

Do you think Cinderella married the prince and lived happily ever after, and that the three little pigs outsmarted the wolf? Think again! Premier storyteller Roald Dahl twists the fate of six favorite fairy tales, in this picture book edition with vibrant new cover art by Quentin Blake. Fairy tales have never been more revolting!

Illustrated by Quentin Blake.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:09 -0400)

Presents humorous retellings in verse of six well-known fairy tales featuring surprise endings in place of the traditional happily-ever-after.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141501758, 0141326832

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,757,404 books! | Top bar: Always visible