Conversations With Tom Petty by Tom Petty

Conversations With Tom Petty

by Tom Petty, Paul Zollo (Editor)

An extensive and interesting interview of one of the most consistently successful and prolific singer/songwriters of modern times. This book is not only a deep look into the life and career of a major musician, it is also a rare glimpse into the creative process itself. Not being a professional musician myself, I admit that some of the discussion involving guitar/keyboard chord arrangement was over my head, but oddly that did not detract from the entertainment value of the book. A highly recommended read for anyone involved in music and a must read for any Tom Petty fan. ( )
  dele2451 | Oct 10, 2012 |
Let's be clear: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers is my favorite band. Anything written about them or by them will be fascinating to me. Having said that, the book is still a good read to these interested in the creation of rock 'n roll. I was struck how the group would get together, start playing, and finish a song within hours. I cannot comprehend that kind of spontaneous creation. ( )
  lmnalban | Apr 13, 2008 |

Tom Pettyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Zollo, PaulEditormain authorall editionsconfirmed

OFFICIAL AND AUTHORIZED-NOW IN PAPERBACK! Tom Petty has long been seen as one of the great songwriters of American rock 'n' roll, as well as one of the key standard bearers of integrity in the music business. Conversations With Tom Petty is the first authorized book to focus solely on the life and work of the man responsible for some of the most memorable rock anthems of our generation, including: 'American Girl,' 'Breakdown,' 'Refugee,' 'The Waiting,' 'Don't Come Around Here No More,' 'I Won't Back Down,' 'Free Fallin',' 'Runnin' Down a Dream,' 'You Don't Know How It Feels,' 'Mary Jane's Last Dance,' and many others. He was inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002 and his work with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, as well as his solo albums and those with the Traveling Wilburys, have been critically acclaimed the world over and have earned numerous Platinum-status awards from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), as well as Grammys and other major awards. Tom and Paul conducted a series of in-depth discussions about Tom's career, with special focus on his songwriting. The conversations are reprinted here with little or no editorial comment and represent a unique perspective on Tom's entire career.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:43 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,820,063 books! | Top bar: Always visible