InterWorld by Neil Gaiman

InterWorld (2007)

by Neil Gaiman, Michael Reaves

Series: InterWorld (Book 1)

1,821963,840 (3.44)1 / 116
    Neverwhere: A Novel by Neil Gaiman (PghDragonMan)
    His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman (espertus)
    espertus: A richer trilogy about teenagers influencing the course of alternate universes.
    Jumper by Steven Gould (TomWaitsTables)
    Alex Unlimited Volume 1: The Vosarak Code by Dan Jolley (lampbane)
    lampbane: Similar premise to InterWorld, but unique in its own way, especially with a fun James Bond-esque outlandishness. First part of an ongoing series, which is good, because it hasn't been said if there will be more InterWorld books yet.
    Planesrunner by Ian McDonald (fyrefly98)
    fyrefly98: More YA multiverse-traveling sci-fi.
    Time for the Stars by Robert A. Heinlein (espertus)
    espertus: InterWorld reminded me of Robert Heinlein's juveniles, most of which I thought superior to InterWorld. Time for the Stars also features a teen who discovers he has special powers and has a twin.
    Living Hell by Catherine Jinks (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: Both awesome YA sci-fi novels.
    The Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner (elbakerone)
    elbakerone: Another interesting science fiction work dealing with multiple realities and geared toward a younger audience.

English (94)  Danish (1)  French (1)  German (1)  All languages (97)
Pretty great story, some terrible cliches... but all and all a great sci-fi story from one of the best Neil Gaiman. I will continue on with the series, which I think will get better as it goes on. ( )
  Kristin_Kern | Feb 2, 2016 |
Exciting foray into a world and its shadow worlds. Non-stop action first-person narrated by an unlikely hero. ( )
  dbsovereign | Jan 26, 2016 |
This book was true young adult, science fiction. I admit that at times I got very confused and frustrated by the concept of multiple dimensions, with some being more progressive in the sciences than our world and others embracing magic more than our world. Because of the multiple dimensions, there are multiple versions of Joey. I liked the different personalities and how each was well-defined by the authors. J/O is part computer (science) and Jo has wings (magic). I loved Hue, the multi-dimensional life form; he was like a cute science fiction puppy. I found the villain, Lord Dogknife, a bit ridiculous, but Lady Indigo was a good nemesis. Even though I got frustrated at times following Joey through worlds I found myself smiling at the ending and realizing I had grown attached too many of the characters. This would be a good read for young adult, science fiction enthusiasts. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
  lkmuir | Dec 11, 2015 |

Gaiman, Neilprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reaves, Michaelmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Jean, JamesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Welch, Christopher EvanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Neil would like to dedicate this book to his son Mike, who read the manuscript and liked it and encouraged us, and always asked when he was going to be able to read it in a real book.
Michael would like to dedicate this book to Steve Saffel.
Once I got lost in my own house.

Joey Harker isn't a hero.

In fact, he's the kind of guy who gets lost in his own house.

But then one day, Joey gets really lost. He walks straight out of his world and into another dimension.

Joey's walk between the worlds makes him prey to two terrible forces—armies of magic and science who will do anything to harness his power to travel between dimensions.

When he sees the evil those forces are capable of, Joey makes the only possible choice: to join an army of his own, an army of versions of himself from different dimensions who all share his amazing power and who are all determined to fight to save the worlds.

Master storyteller Neil Gaiman and Emmy Award-winning science-fiction writer Michael Reaves team up to create a dazzling tale of magic, science, honor, and the destiny of one very special boy—and all the others like him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:34 -0400)

At nearly fifteen years of age, Joey Harker learns that he is a Walker, able to travel between dimensions, and soon joins a team of different versions of himself, each from another dimension, to fight the evil forces striving to conquer all the worlds.… (more)

267 wanted6 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,016,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible