The Thirty-First of June by J. B. Priestley

The Thirty-First of June

by J. B. Priestley

This is a novella that began life as a play. The theme is mob psychology, and the effects of this condition on reality, or at laest human behaviour. If everyone believes it is the thirty-first of June, so it is even if we haven't had one before now, and never will again. In most ways the label on a day doesn't matter. What matter is what happens on that day whether it is correctly labelled, or not. Some of the lines are funny, but I hope this is a lesser work of Priestly's, not his major opus. ( )
  DinadansFriend | Oct 4, 2016 |
Not one of Priestley's great novels. Unlike the blurb I found this vaguely amusing, not the rollicking romp I expected. Having said that I found it readable and undemanding. ( )
  calm | Jun 29, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,983,527 books! | Top bar: Always visible