Upon The Midnight Clear (A Dream-Hunter…

Upon The Midnight Clear (A Dream-Hunter Novel, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Member:jessit
Title:Upon The Midnight Clear (A Dream-Hunter Novel, Book 2)
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2007), Edition: First Edition, Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages

Upon the Midnight Clear by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Upon The Midnight Clear
2 Stars

Pages and pages of repetitive whining that I could have done without - at least it was short.

Aidan is a successful actor whose family turned on him and he has since become a recluse believing that everyone he knows will betray him at some point. Granted, his brother does try to kill him by summoning the God of Pain but there is only so much whinging that I can take - get over yourself!

Leta has potential as a kick-ass heroine, however, the speed at which she falls for Aidan the whiner is unbelievable even for a paranormal romance - less than a day!

The villain isn't nearly as smarmy as he could have been and is dispatched quite easily.

On the whole, The Dream Hunter series is pretty lackluster compared to the Dark Hunters and add little to the overall story arc. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
This book was ok but not the best of the series. The main characters in my view where a little dull for my taste. The best part of the book was Demoes. It was really short also. I did love the Christmas extra at the end when we get to catch up with a lot of our favorite characters it was really nice to see how they were spending their Christmas and a bit of some foreshadowing for the next books in the series. ( )
  stepintoabookworld | Nov 7, 2017 |
I wasn't a fan of the characters in this book, but the story was decent and the end was happy. Good enough! ( )
  larissaleescribbles | Aug 5, 2017 |
It was enjoyable, but predictable. It was easy to figure out what would be needed to defeat Pain. And the fate of Leta. ( )
  nx74defiant | Apr 30, 2017 |
Audio- It was so cheesy, so predictable, and ended with such a common resolution. So chewy sweet I think I got a cavity. 2.5 stars. I didn't hate it but it was just Meh for me. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
The way to overcome the angry man is with gentle-
ness, the evil man with goodness, the miser with gen-
erosity and the liar with truth.
                                                 - An Indian Proverb
It sounds good, doesn't it? If only people and life were
that effing easy. Trust me, it takes more than a friendly
biscuit to tame a hungry lion. And it's all fun and
games until someone gets hurt. Then it's War.
                                                 -Savitar, Chthonian god
To Monique for going above and beyond
the call of duty. You are the absolute best!
And to all my friends for being there when
I needed you most. To the RBL's for their
never-ending dedication and support.

Most of all, for you, the reader. Thank you for taking this trip with me.
Dolor smiled as he finally felt the call of his summoning ring.

Ever think Scrooge had it right before the ghosts ruined his life and left him vulnerable?

At one time Aidan O'Conner was a world renowned celebrity who gave of himself and his money without wanting anything in return. Until those around him took without asking. Bitter betrayal came at him from all directions. Even those closest to him. Now hes a man who wants nothing of the world or anyone whos a part of it.

Until the night he finds a stranger on his doorstep that hes seen before... in his dreams.

Born on Olympus as a goddess, Leta knows nothing of the human world. But a ruthless enemy has driven her from the world of dreams, into the home of the only man she knows. Her immortal powers are derived from human emotions and Aidans anger and hostility are just the fuel she needs to defend herself.

One cold winters night that will change both their lives

Trapped together by a storm, the two of them must do the one thing they swore they never would. Trust.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312947054, Mass Market Paperback)

Ever think Scrooge had it right before the ghosts ruined his life? Meet Aidan O'Conner.
At one time he was a world-renowned celebrity who gave freely of himself and his money without wanting anything in return...until those around him took without asking. Now Aidan wants nothing of the world--or anyone who's a part of it.

When a stranger appears at his doorstep, Aidan knows he's seen her before…in his dreams.
Born on Olympus as a goddess, Leta knows nothing of the human world. But a ruthless enemy has driven her from the world of dreams and into the home of the only man who can help her: Aidan. Her immortal powers are derived from human emotions--and his anger is just the fuel she needs to defend herself…
One cold winter's night will change their lives forever…
Trapped together in a brutal winter storm, Aidan and Leta must turn to the only power capable of saving them--or destroying them both: trust.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:29 -0400)

Born on Olympus as a goddess, Leta knows nothing of the human world. But a ruthless enemy has driven her from the world of dreams and into the home of the only man who can help her: Aidan. Her immortal powers are derived from human emotion--and his anger is just the fuel she needs to defend herself.--From publisher's description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,405,549 books! | Top bar: Always visible