No Reservations: Around the World on an…

No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach

by Anthony Bourdain

I watch the shows and I follow him on twitter so so of course I was going to like this book. It is a scrapbook of the early season of the show grouped by continent. You don't get that much more than you do from watching the show but it was a fun quick read and I didn't have to sit and watch several seasons of shows to remember to tell myself that I need to travel more. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
Well, I have to say I was a little disappointed there wasn't more to actually read in this book. I was expecting too much, I guess. But the pictures alone are worth seeing this book. Beautiful, magnificent, words alone cannot describe. I would like to buy this for my coffee table. (It's probably way better than Kramer's). ( )
  E.J | Apr 3, 2013 |
Many great pictures, needs a little bit more words. I really enjoyed the whole book, but I would have liked a little more. Beautifully done though. Love Anthony Bourdain and his edgier than thou attitude. ( )
  bookwormteri | Oct 25, 2011 |
I love Anthony Bourdain. If I were more secure and comfortable with myself I'd admit that I probably have some sort of man-crush on him or something. His dry, witty cynicism is delightful and it's a joy to hear him lovingly point out all the flaws of his favorite people and places. Hurray for pessimism.

No Reservations is (mostly) a book of photography based on the food/travel show by the same name. The book is divided by continent, and then by country, each with a quick narration by the man himself describing his experiences in the places in question. In addition, towards the end of the book there are sections on things like best/worst bathrooms he's ever come across, the hazards of traveling, among other things, all written by Bourdain and all wonderfully degenerate and brilliant.

If you like the show, you'll probably like it. If you like Anthony Bourdain, then you might like it. It's definitely a for-the-fan book, but there's enough text to make it worth 'reading' even for those who get out too much to watch television. ( )
  Ape | Sep 9, 2011 |
Gotta love Anthony Bourdain. The book was sensationnal the picture beautiful. Since I had seen the first season of the tv show on the travel network, I loved the commentary he added from the place he went that I had seen on the show. I would love to be able to tag along with him to eat around the world. A really beautiful book. ( )
  ct.bergeron | Feb 23, 2011 |
When I became a cook, it felt like running away with the circus -- or joining a rock-and-roll band (without having to know how to play guitar). As things turned out, I spent nearly the next three decades surrounded by malcontents, refugees, "borderline personalities," and misfits.

The host of the Travel Channel series "No Reservations" provides a behind-the-scenes account of his global culinary adventures, from New Jersey to New Zealand, offering commentary on food in every corner of the globe.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,528,851 books! | Top bar: Always visible