No Reservations: Around the World on an…

No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach

by Anthony Bourdain

Nice companion to the show but I was hoping for a little more meat than pictures. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
I've given this 3 stars but for the pictures I'll give it five. There wasn't enough written about the various places he went to so it's difficult to judge the writing but the photos are brilliant. ( )
  KarenDuff | Jun 1, 2016 |
No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach by Anthony Bourdain
288 pages

★★★

I know Anthony Bourdain isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I personally love the guy. His no-BS attitude towards life is pretty refreshing in a world of overly politically correct people. He has respect for those around him and for the cultures he encounters but he also is incredibly honest and I love that about him.

If you enjoyed his show, No Reservations, this is a quick accompaniment to that. It’s 288 pages but it’s mostly behind the scene photos of his locations throughout the first three years of the show. There’s little reading involved except for the small blurbs on Anthony Bourdain’s thoughts on the specific country. This book still took me 2 hours to “read” as I read every blurb, every caption, and enjoyed the photos that the crew had taken throughout the years. Nothing jaw dropping here, especially if you are a regular watcher of the show, but interesting nonetheless.
  UberButter | Feb 9, 2016 |
I watch the shows and I follow him on twitter so so of course I was going to like this book. It is a scrapbook of the early season of the show grouped by continent. You don't get that much more than you do from watching the show but it was a fun quick read and I didn't have to sit and watch several seasons of shows to remember to tell myself that I need to travel more. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
Well, I have to say I was a little disappointed there wasn't more to actually read in this book. I was expecting too much, I guess. But the pictures alone are worth seeing this book. Beautiful, magnificent, words alone cannot describe. I would like to buy this for my coffee table. (It's probably way better than Kramer's). ( )
  E.J | Apr 3, 2013 |
When I became a cook, it felt like running away with the circus -- or joining a rock-and-roll band (without having to know how to play guitar). As things turned out, I spent nearly the next three decades surrounded by malcontents, refugees, "borderline personalities," and misfits.

The host of the Travel Channel series "No Reservations" provides a behind-the-scenes account of his global culinary adventures, from New Jersey to New Zealand, offering commentary on food in every corner of the globe.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,273,480 books! | Top bar: Always visible