Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke

Inkdeath (original 2007; edition 2008)

by Cornelia Funke

Member:amckie
Title:Inkdeath
Authors:Cornelia Funke
Info:The Chicken House (2008), Hardcover, 656 pages
Rating:***
Tags:.Fiction, .Young Adult, Fantasy

Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke (2007)

English (90)  German (6)  Spanish (3)  Dutch (3)  Finnish (1)  Russian (1)  All (1)  All (105)
The darkest of the 3 books. The most scary, as a never ceasing roller coaster of bad news and bad things sets off on page one.
For me also the most unbelievable book: Mo and Dustfinger take on the entire group of bad guys and make a deal with the White Ladies, Fenoglio finally finds his words back and in the end all is well that ends well. Or sonething like that.
Nevertheless is is a fascinating book, that kept me reading because I wanted to know how it ended. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | May 8, 2017 |
This series always makes me want to read. Which is convenient since I'm already reading... But it makes me want to keep reading forever. If you're having a reading slump, these books will probably help you out.

I also love the variety of well-rounded characters. Violante might actually be my favorite character, though she's not the conventional "good guy".

[SPOILERS BELOW]
I did think it was tiring that Dustfinger died and was revived for the second time in this trilogy. That's a bit much.
[END SPOILERS]

I don't know. I waited too long to write this review. But I really enjoy this series and I definitely recommend them to fantasy fans and book fans in general. ( )
  danaenicole | May 7, 2017 |
Huzzah! This garbage is over! No more self-aggrandizing mediocrity! Some fantasy novels come to a grand and glorious climax - epic battle scenes. Some fantasy novels contain mysteries that unwrap like a year-round Christmas present. This particular piece of *cough* fantasy, fizzled out like a roman candle doused prematurely in water. ( )
  benuathanasia | Mar 16, 2017 |
This book is very intense but is a great read for anyone into mystery or even humor. ( )
  TaylahOrgan | Mar 8, 2017 |
This book is a wonderful adventure for everyone.
Cornelia Funke is a great Author. ( )
  ElizaTelfer | Mar 8, 2017 |

Coulsen, DavidLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Funke, CorneliaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lawson, CarolIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parisi, Elizabeth B.Designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I am the song that sings the bird.
I am the leaf that grows the land.
I am the tide that moves the moon.
I am the stream that halts the sand.
I am the cloud that drives the storm.
I am the earth that lights the sun.
I am the fire that strikes the stone.
I am the clay that shapes the hand.
I am the word that speaks the man.
--Charles Causely, "I am the Song."
To Rolf, always -- it was the best of things to be married to Dustfinger.

To Ileen, who knows all about loss and was always there to understand and ease the pain.

To Andrew, Angie, Antonia, Cam and James, Caroline, Elinor, and last but for sure not least, Lionel and Oliver, who all brought so much light, warmth, and true friendship to dark days.

And to the City of Angels, which fed me with beauty and wilderness and with the feeling that I had found my Inkworld.
Moonlight fell on Elinor's bathrobe, her nightdress, her bare feet, and the dog lying in front of them.

The masterful conclusion to the epic, award-winning, bestselling INKHEART trilogy by internationally acclaimed author Cornelia Funke.

The Adderhead--his immortality bound in a book by Meggie's father, Mo--has ordered his henchmen to plunder the villages. The peasants' only defense is a band of outlaws led by the Bluejay--Mo's fictitious double, whose identity he has reluctantly adopted. But the Book of Immortality is unraveling, and the Adderhead again fears the White Women of Death. To bring the renegade Bluejay back to repair the book, the Adderhead kidnaps all the children in the kingdom, dooming them to slavery in his silver mines unless Mo surrends. First Dustfinger, now Mo: Can anyone save this cursed story?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:20 -0400)

As Bluejay--Mo's fictitious double--tries to keep the Book of Immortality from unraveling, Adderhead kidnaps all the children in the kingdom, asking for Bluejay's surrender or the children will be doomed to slavery in the silver mines.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,379,152 books! | Top bar: Always visible