Double Cross (Alex Cross) by James Patterson

Double Cross (Alex Cross) (edition 2007)

by James Patterson

Member:tinisha
Title:Double Cross (Alex Cross)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2007), Hardcover, 400 pages

Double Cross by James Patterson

English (58)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  All languages (61)
Another formulaic book from James Patterson. I would actually give this 2.5 stars, but will round up to 3 since at the very least, the pages kept turning. I think I like Patterson books at this point only because I can read one of them in less than a day. The short chapters keep the story moving, but there is little to no character development, and in this particular book, the ending was very anticlimactic dealing with all of the bad guys. ( )
  msaucier818 | Apr 9, 2018 |
Alex Cross has retired from the Police and is seeing patients as a psychiatrist. But a serial killer has other ideas, which forces Cross to re-join the Police n a part-time capacity while maintaining his private practice. The twists and turns in the case keep Cross and his colleagues guessing, especially when another serial killer with vengeance on his mind escapes from prison.

This is real page-turner with high suspense and plenty of action. I finished it in a day because the suspense kept dragging back to the book. As the tension rises, we are all involved in a guessing game as to who and where the villains are and who will be the next victim. This was my first James Patterson novel and it probably won’t be my last. I gave this book 4.5 stars out of 5. ( )
  Bruce_McNair | Dec 24, 2017 |
Another Alex Cross from James Patterson. This runs its usual course. Alex returns to working a high profile serial killer case whilst trying to juggle it with his desk job. As per usual, there are murders happening all over the city and Cross gets involved. He meets Bree, who is a detective and she is also working on the case. It runs its usual course with Cross being away when the murder happens and he jumps straight into the action.
I feel like I should give this book a lower rating because of its predictability however I really love the writing and the short chapters and I find that I can just race throught JP's books. It does annoy me that his family gets threathened in every book though. Why can't he leave the police work?! If he did, then it would be the end of the series so I guess thats the way it has to be. I wouldnt recommend this book for anyone who isn't already a fan but if you like JP's work, then you should like this one.
I'm taking a short break from JP now as I'm beginning to feel like a bit of a detective! Oh theres a bit of Kyle Craig in here so I'm keen to keep reading ASAP!! ( )
  Nataliec7 | Jul 1, 2016 |
Another book in the Alex Cross series. This one was okay. The DCAK murders were typical James Patterson and were interesting and graphic. I enjoyed that part of the book. The main reason I didn't enjoy this one as much as past Alex Cross novels was because the focus seemed to be less on the murders than Alex Cross's booty calls. Right in the middle of a graphic murder investigation all Alex seems to be able to talk about is banging his current girlfriend. Sex in murder mysteries does not bother me at all, but I do like a little of the mystery in my murder mysteries.
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
Started well and the DC Audience Killer was really creepy but the ending was an anti-climax. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |

Alex Cross rejoins the D.C. police force to confront two of the most diabolical killers he's ever encountered. Just when his life is calming down, Alex Cross is drawn back into a letha game like no other. In Washington D.C., a maniac stages his killings as spectacles in public settings. Alex is pursuing a genius of terror who has the whole city on edge. And the killer loves the attention--he even sets up his own Web site and live video feed to trumpet his madness. In Colorado, another brilliant madman is planning a triumphant return. From his supermaximum-security prison cell, Kyle Craig has plotted for years an impossible escape. If he has to join forces with D.C's Audience Killer to get back at the man who put him in that prison--Alex Cross--all the better.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446198986, Mass Market Paperback)

Just when Alex thought his life was calming down into a routine of patients and therapy sessions, he finds himself back in the game--this time to catch a criminal mastermind like no other.

A spate of elaborate murders in Washington D.C. have the whole East Coast on edge. They are like nothing Alex Cross and his new girlfriend, Detective Brianna Stone, have ever seen. With each murder, the case becomes increasingly complex. There's only one thing Alex knows: the killer adores an audience.

As victims are made into gruesome spectacles citywide, inducing a media hysteria, it becomes clear to Alex that the man he's after is a genius of terror--and he's after fame. The killer has the whole city by its strings--and he'll stop at nothing to become the most terrifying star that Washington D.C. has ever seen.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:37 -0400)

Alex Cross rejoins the police force to face the most diabolical villain he has ever encountered--a serial killer with a hunger for mega-celebrity.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,834,973 books! | Top bar: Always visible