Mistress of the Catacombs (Lord of the…

Mistress of the Catacombs (Lord of the Isles, Book 4) (original 2001; edition 2002)

by David Drake

Member:marvmax
Title:Mistress of the Catacombs (Lord of the Isles, Book 4)
Authors:David Drake
Info:Tor Fantasy (2002), Mass Market Paperback

Mistress Of The Catacombs by David Drake (2001)

I wish I could remember what drove me crazy about these books and made me finally stop reading them. I know I ended up pretty much hating the main guy, but I can't remember why. ( )
  JG_IntrovertedReader | Apr 3, 2013 |
A very good series, and a reall page-turner. ( )
  willowcove | Sep 1, 2010 |
This is a very entertaining fantasy series, though you need to start with the first volume, Lord of the Isles, because it's pretty much all one story.
The first volume is the best, but this one is just as good as the others. In fact, it's almost identical to the others. Sadly, each new volume is nearly indistinguishable from the rest. The characters are widely separated in time and/or space, they have their individual adventures as they struggle to return, and then they're reunited for the ending. I keep hoping that the next volume will keep them together for the important - and interesting - work of building and maintaining the kingdom. Maybe next time. ( )
  Jawin | Apr 5, 2010 |
To Randy Long, who's not only a friend for many years but who also acted as my son's coach when he started bodybuilding-- a task for which I would've been hopelessly inadequate.
The spy, a stocky shipping agent named Hordred, looked at Garric and Liane with haunted eyes as he whispered what he knew of the planned secession of several western islands.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0812575407, Mass Market Paperback)

For the first time in a thousand years, the Kingdom of the Isles has a government and a real ruler: Prince Garric of Haft. But the enemies joining against him intend to destroy not only the kingdom but humankind as well. Reptilian and insect monsters from out of the ages march on the kingdom. Unchecked, their ravening slaughter will sweep over the Isles like a flood of lava. Watching it all from the blackness of a tomb walled off in time and space, the Mistress waits . . ..

And her fangs drip poison!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:16 -0400)

Prince Garric of Haft, ruler of the Kingdom of the Isles, confronts new threats to his realm as rebels in the West plot to destroy the kingdom, while ancient and evil powers unite to annihilate all humankind.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,352,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible