The Plantation by Chris Kuzneski

The Plantation (edition 2002)

by Chris Kuzneski

2051057,211 (3.46)11
Member:jpvusa1
Title:The Plantation
Authors:Chris Kuzneski
Info:Paradox Publishing (2002), Paperback, 432 pages
Tags:12-2012

The Plantation by Chris Kuzneski

I think this is an awesome first book for the author. Now I can't wait to read the rest of them, to see how he has progressed. ( )
  Deankut | Sep 26, 2016 |
This is a good read, but having read others later on in the series I don't think Kuzneski had yet found his true style. Whilst a good read, books later on in the series (from book 2) are better in my opinion. This is one of my favourite series, and do love the humour in the np books and how it is used to deal with the fear and tension of the situation (reminds me of Myron Bolitar in this). This book didn't yet introduce some of my favourite characters that appear throughout the series, e.g. Nick Dial, Randy Raskin, Petr Ulster. If only read this one definitely don't give up on the series. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |
This book was orginally self published and is the first in the Payne & Jones series but when the writer got his publishing deal it became the third one to be published.As I had already read the other two books before I got this one I knew before I started that Payne & Jones would survive no matter what happened in the book so I didn't enjoy it as much as I had the other ones.Other than that it is a good story and I liked the idea of black men taking over a southern plantation and making slaves of the descendants of white slave owners. ( )
  KarenDuff | Jun 1, 2016 |
This book (Payne & Jones Book 1) introduces us to Jonathon Payne, handsome multimillionaire, and D.J. Jones, his best friend. They are former members of the MANIACS, a special operations group comprising the ten best men from the Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard. When Jon's girlfriend, Ariane, is kidnapped they decide to start their own investigation. They are going to need all their resources to find and rescue her. Initially they are unaware of the motive behind her kidnapping. It turns out a group of militant black men have kidnapped the white descendants of rich slave owners, and are planning to sell them into slavery in Africa as retribution.

Like all first books in a series, it has some issues that will probably be worked out as Kuzneski writes more of them. I believe there are currently eight in the series. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this fast-paced, action packed story with a few interesting plot twists and a unique concept. Overall, a good read that I would recommend to lovers of thrillers and action stories. ( )
  Olivermagnus | Jan 17, 2016 |
This book is not for the faint of heart. It is filled with action but also with many thought provoking concepts, most notably, slavery of whites by blacks as a revenge for their past history.

How would you react if you were expecting your handsome boyfriend at the door and instead when you answer you are drugged and kidnapped and when you awake you know not where, you are a slave to a sadistic black man who says that a remote branch of your family enslaved his before the Civil War and now it's payback time?

Does anyone know where you are? Ariane, the kidnapped damsel, is fortunate because her boyfriend before leaving the US service, was a member of an elite taskforce which could handle just about anything. Jonathan and his buddy DJ track down the kidnappers on THE PLANTATION and work to rescue Ariane and 21 others in the same situation.

This is the first installment of the Payne & Jones series. I received book 3 as an ER and knew after reading that one that I wanted to read the beginning books in the series. The book was exciting and kept your attention but at times was a bit graphic in the violence of the situation. Definitely not bedtime material, but definitely a great read. ( )
  cyderry | Dec 9, 2011 |
Robert Edwards hurdled the fallen spruce but refused to break his frantic stride.

When Jonathan Payne's girlfriend is the latest in a string of people to be abducted, Jon and his best friend, David Jones, try to piece together the clues in a hunt that leads them to New Orleans and a violent and shocking secret.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,720,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible