Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Choosing Judaism

by Lydia Kukoff

1983100,978 (3.9)2
In print for over 20 years, Choosing Judaism has become a classic guide for individuals considering conversion. By sharing her own story, Lydia Kukoff creates a remarkable work about what it means to make this significant choice. Years after her own conversion she continues to question, grow, and learn, and encourages others to do the same.… (more)

It is a short book, but it presented a fairly good perspective about some of the situations encountered during and after conversion as well as offering some helpful advice. ( )
  lewisvickers | Jul 3, 2013 |
A convert's discussion on how to "own" Judaism. Gives lots of fairly good advice. However, I don't think I am really going to have a problem "owning" Judaism. I am certainly going to have an issue with all this Hebrew but that's ok. I hate to say this but I've owned my bit of Judaism for such a long time that I am pretty comfortable with the version I have. I don't want to add more. At this stage, I just want to live as a really good Reform Jew because I am already living as a very good Reform Jew. Yiddish means more than Hebrew to me and that is how I see Judaism. That is one example of my ownership. I own Jewish humour too. I also own some of the stereotypes be it for better or for worse.
  melsmarsh | Feb 12, 2013 |
Conversion topics
  Folkshul | Jan 15, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,554,587 books! | Top bar: Always visible