Divine By Blood by P C Cast

Divine By Blood (edition 2009)

by P C Cast

Member:sushiii3356
Title:Divine By Blood
Authors:P C Cast
Info:Mira/ Mills & Boon (2009), Paperback, 400 pages

Divine by Blood (Partholon) by P. C. Cast

I read this one with so much trepidation!
I was worried with every page of the Darkness that always held the possibility of reigning control! I actually think it's awesome and a testament of PC Cast's ability as an author to hold us in suspense until the last page.

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Apr 13, 2018 |
"3.5 out of 5 stars. It could be because this is the first book out of this series that I’ve read, even though Ms. Cast has stated that she’s made each novel from this series able to stand alone if need-be, but if I hadn’t liked the House of Night series so much I would have probably stopped this book without finishing it. I say that since the book is divided into parts and the prologue and the first part/section I had to force myself through it was so slow. But thankfully..."

Read more of my review here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/04/this-paranoia-is-distressing-b... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Aug 8, 2017 |
18 years after the events of Divine by Choice, Morrigan and Myrna have grown into lovely young ladies. Shannon is displeased that Myrna shows no signs of being the new goddess incarnate, Epona's Chosen. Morrigan, however, living with Shannon's parents in Oklahoma, and having no knowledge that her mother was Rhiannon instead of Shannon, finds that she can talk to stones. They call her the Light Bringer and want her to come harness her destiny in Parholon. Unfortunately, the Dark God Pryderi also wants Morrigan for his own and joins his whispers to those of Epona, the goddess Adsagsona, and Rhiannon in Morrigan's mind. Not knowing which voices to trust and being unfamiliar with the ways of Parthalon, Morrigan must make her own choices and decide for herself what her destiny will be.
Morrigan's dilemma was quite compelling; it was difficult even for the reader to tell which voices Morrigan should be trusting. It was disappointing that Shannon did not figure as much in this story, but her tale has been told. The introduction of the cave people, the Sidetha, was unexpected, but also interesting. A good wrap-up for the trilogy, although I guess there are two more books set in Partholon, I don't believe they feature the same characters. ( )
  EmScape | Oct 5, 2014 |
Very bittersweet... I hate it when a series I love ends. So I'm happy for the story, and sad for the end of it. Beautifully written, as the rest of the books were as well. ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
Avoid unless a teenage acting 35 year old married to a centaur is your cup of tea. ( )
1 vote soliloquies | May 20, 2011 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionscalculated
Griffin, JamesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Conceived in a lie and trapped in a tree throughout her gestation, Morrigan's birth was truly magical. After that start, she spent the next eighteen years raised as a normal girl in Oklahoma.

Upon discovering the truth of her heritage, her rage and grief take on a power of their own, carrying her back to the world of Partholon. Yet, instead of being respected as the daughter of the Goddess Incarnate, Morrigan feels like a shunned outsider.

In her desperation to belong to Partholon, she confronts forces she can't fully understand or control. And soon a strange darkness draws closer….

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:34 -0400)

Raised as a normal girl in Oklahoma for the first eighteen years of her life, Morrigan discovers her true heritage as the only daughter of Rhiannon MacCallan, disgraced high priestess to the goddess Epona, which leads her back to the world of Partholon. Expecting to be welcomed back with open arms, instead she is shunned and, desperate to belong, confronts forces she doesn't fully understand and cant' control.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,782,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible