I Have a Dream: Writings and Speeches That…

I Have a Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World, Special 75th…

by Martin Luther King, Jr.

It was great to re-read my anniversary edition today. Such a simple speech, but so powerful, and there is much more to it then just the I Have a Dream section that is often quoted.

And this year when Martin Luther King Jr Day falls on his actual birthday, I think I’ll start Black History Month early, similar to leap year, to make up for all those days that are shorted every other February.

#BlackHistoryMonth
#DiversityMonday
#WeNeedDiverseBooks
#OwnVoices
Because we can✊ ( )
  RivetedReaderMelissa | Mar 22, 2018 |
This book was actually just a picture book of Martin Luther King Jr.'s I have a Dream Speech. I think that every class room should have this book because this speech still today is extremely moving and important. I think that the Illustrator did an amazing job adding to this speech, and illustrating some of the key concepts and powerful lines. For example they illustrated two men just looking at each other with this line; "I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood." The illustrations are simple, yet powerful. The book did not give the entire speech, but a good chunk of it with illustrations. It then had the entire thing exactly as it was delivered on the last two pages so you could read the whole thing. This was beautiful and very moving.
Uses: 1. Civil rights movement. 2. Discussion on Martin Luther King Jr. 3: In middle school We had the choice of memorizing this speech or The Gettysburg Address, so this book could help aid your student in memorizing if your school also requires that. 4. It should just be available for your students because it is so powerful. ( )
  epatt14 | Oct 8, 2016 |
Despite all the falsehoods or truths about the man...his message was clear and timeless. His Letters from a Birmingham Jail leapt into my life and changed me. If you have kids...awaken them to his writings. Gandhi, Buddha, Jesus, and a few others all had a similar message for us. We should try to listen. This is a good intro to Mr. King Jr's writings.
1 vote jamclash | Oct 12, 2005 |

King, Martin Luther, Jr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dillon, DianeIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dillon, LeoIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, Coretta ScottForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Ces mots lancés 28 aout 1963 par Martin Luther King demeurent le cri de ralliement de ceux qui luttent contre tous les racismes .Je fais un rêve figure parmi les classiques de la littérature américaine moderne , et aussi son discours d'acceptation du Prix Nobel de la Paix en 1964.

"HIS LIFE INFORMED US, HIS DREAMS SUSTAIN US"

-from the Citation of the posthumous award of the Presidential Medal of Freedom to the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., July 4,1977

Martin Luther King's twenty most memorable writings and s

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:49 -0400)

Gathers speeches, sermons, letters, and essays from each period in Dr. King's life, and includes brief notes on their historical background

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,627,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible