The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray

The Sweet Far Thing (2007)

by Libba Bray

Series: Gemma Doyle (3)

I thoroughly enjoyed the book. There were many parts of it that was so very unexpected that I had to read it twice! ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
I never started this book, and after reading Rebel Angels, I think I would get lost from the get-go. ( )
  David.TenBroeck | May 8, 2016 |
This is the final book in this series. It is as enchanting as the first two but I found myself hoping it would end, rather than wishing it would go on. Little long winded for my taste. It is listed as YA fiction, although there are themes in the book that I would question about falling in the YA category? Having read the first two, I am glad I read the final book. Its all about closure. ( )
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
I enjoyed this book, but honestly things got pretty crazy and scattered at the end. It was also more difficult to connect with Gemma in this book compared to the first two. If you've read the other two then you have to finish the series, but really I was a little disappointed with the last installment of this trilogy. ( )
  Tigerlily12 | Jul 9, 2014 |
When I finished I just sat there and thought, WOW. Words really can't describe this book, I absolutely loved it. Gemma is one of the few female protagonists I actually like and I think her story had a perfect if not very sad ending. The last line in the book was perfect for a conclusion to this breathtaking trilogy. I think this series will stay with me for a very long time. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |

Libba Brayprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bailey, JosephineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Barry and Josh, with love And for all who believe that peace is not an ideal or a pipe dream but a necessity
The night was cold and dismal, and out on the Thames, the rivermen cursed their luck.

IT HAS BEEN A YEAR OF CHANGE since Gemma Doyle arrived at the foreboding Spence Academy. Her mother murdered, her father a
laudanum addict, Gemma has relied on an unsuspected strength and has discovered an ability to travel to an enchanted world called the realms, where dark magic runs wild. Despite certain peril, Gemma has bound the magic to herself and forged unlikely new alliances. Now, as Gemma approaches her London debut, the time has come to test these bonds.

The Order - the mysterious group her mother was once part of - is grappling for control of the realms, as is the Rakshana. Spence's burned East Wing is being rebuilt, but why now? Gemma and her friends see Pippa, but she is not the same. And their friendship faces its gravest trial as Gemma must decide once and for all what role she is meant for.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:20 -0400)

At Spence Academy, sixteen-year-old Gemma Doyle continues preparing for her London debut while struggling to determine how best to use magic to resolve a power struggle in the enchanted world of the realms, and to protect her own world and loved ones.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,874,672 books! | Top bar: Always visible