Heading Home with Your Newborn: From Birth…

Heading Home with Your Newborn: From Birth to Reality

by Laura A. Jana, Jennifer Shu

1114163,149 (4)None

This book has been really good for me as a new mommy and has taught me quite a few things I didn't know. I would recommend this to anyone who is becoming a mom for the first time. ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |
  Tiffy83 | Aug 11, 2014 |
This AAP guide is engagingly written (with section titles like "Into the Mouths of Babes" and "What Goes In Must Come Out") and keeps it simple. It doesn't bombard you with a million things to know--just the essentials for getting through the first few weeks. It's a great book for someone having a first baby who isn't quite sure what to expect and maybe doesn't have a lot of new baby experience. It is not specific to any one agenda, but very even-handed--reasonably comfortable for both "crunchy" and more traditional expectant parents. ( )
  jholcomb | Nov 6, 2010 |
I really enjoyed the authors' warm and caring tone. The content was presented clearly and succinctly. I felt like I was being told insider tips from expert parents who just happen to be pediatricians. I am not yet a mom, so I can't talk to it's efficacy, but I enjoyed reading it very much. My only real complaint are the puns. There are a multitude of un-funny puns and quips in this book that always seemed out-of-place for such an athoratative book. ( )
  rbtwinky | Jun 10, 2009 |

Jana, Laura A.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shu, Jennifermain authorall editionsconfirmed

Includes new information on breastfeeding and the involvement of allergies, formula options, vitamins and supplements (vitamins, iron, fluoride, probiotics), sleep, extended stay in strapped-in positions(car seats, bouncy chairs), swaddling, diaper options, the impact of social media sharing, and capturing moments/sharing memories.

This comprehensive guide for new parents finding themselves overwhelmed dealing with the reality of parenting provides "parent-tested, pediatrician-approved" advice to allay their fears. Written in a compassionate yet authoritative tone by two moms who are also pediatricians, this guide covers a wealth of topics that often prove daunting in the first eight weeks of a child's life. Starting with "Into the Mouths of Babes" (the trials of breastfeeding) and "What Comes in Must Come Out" (a discussion of "pee and poop") and moving on through "Fever: Trial by Fire" and "Seeing Yellow: Jaundice," th.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,629,410 books! | Top bar: Always visible