Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Vampire Academy (edition 2007)

by Richelle Mead (Author)

Series: Vampire Academy (1)

Two years after a horrible incident made them run away, vampire princess Lissa and her guardian-in-training Rose are found and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy, where one focuses on mastering magic, the other on physical training, while both try to avoid the perils of gossip, cliques, gruesome pranks, and sinister plots.… (more)
Member:devon_snedden
Title:Vampire Academy
Authors:Richelle Mead (Author)
Info:Razorbill (2007), Edition: Later Printing, 352 pages

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Evernight by Claudia Gray (MisfitRhi)
    MisfitRhi: Both set at boarding schools and involve vampires.
    Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (RyitGrrl)
    RyitGrrl: Similarities between the romance aspect and the subtle shift of the vampire myth to allow for literary licence.
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (tooimpurenangel)
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (tooimpurenangel)
    Hearts at Stake (Drake Chronicles, Book 1) by Alyxandra Harvey (TheLibraryhag)
    Insatiable by Meg Cabot (Books007)
    Books007: Insatiable reminded me alot of the Vampire Academy series...almost like an adult version of this series.
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (gamermom2004)
    City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (The_Book_Queen)
    Wuthering High by Cara Lockwood (Jenson_AKA_DL)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: Another boarding school novel that I think would appeal to fans of this series.

English (321)  Spanish (3)  Swedish (1)  German (1)  All languages (326)
4.25

Lately I have been going through the oldest books on my the. This series was one of them. Since I have been a a huge vampire and witch kick lately, I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a chance. I went in with low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this! The pacing was good, story and characters were interesting, and I love that instead of centering itself around a romance it mostly centered around the strong friendship between the protagonist (a dhampire guardian) and the vampire she is supposed to protect. Yes, the climax was a bit anticlimactic, things wrapped up a bit easily, and no fight ever seemed too dangerous. All reasons I couldn't give it more than 4 stars. However, I pretty much inhaled this and I'm eager to get to the next book in the series. ( )
  Jonez | Oct 8, 2020 |
Soooo good. At first it didn't seem to meet my expectations but then all the good stuff started. Dimitri and rose are just perfect for each other. Of course all the mysteries are addicting too. And i never suspected the real villain. Just unbelievable! Now I just have to read the whole series! ( )
  AllAndAnyBooks | Sep 17, 2020 |
actually surpassed my expectations given that I watched the movie before hand ( )
  themoonwholistens | Aug 31, 2020 |
This is the second time I read this book, and even though I still enjoyed it, Rose annoyed the crap out of me and made me give the book 4 stars instead of 5. ( )
  Hyms | Aug 9, 2020 |
Richelle Mead has managed to create a fantastic universe; detailed and consistent. The concept works!

Rose is a kick-ass protagonist, strong-willed and very protective of Lissa. I really like that she sometimes fails and is stubborn and a real teenager with all the good and bad that brings! Lissa annoyed the *beep* out of me at first. She's so incapable of doing anything on her own and Rose completely controls her every move. Fortunately, it gets better and towards the end, I really warm up to her. I mean, she actually has a personality! Who knew!?
Dimitri is awesome! The silent, brooding type – you gotta love that. Christian is so funny in a sarcastic way. He and Rose have a great way of communication, which made me laugh several times.
The beginning of the book can be kind of confusing due to all the info that Rose possess and the reader has yet to know about. But the more you read, the more you will know so just keep reading, even if you find it to be weird!

Vampire Academy is written in a simple language, but without being superficial. Richelle Mead is a wonderful writer who I can and will recommend to anyone willing to listen.
  Hyms | Aug 9, 2020 |
For my urban fantasy grrrls, Jackie and Caitlin.
I felt her fear before I heard her screams.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,448,528 books! | Top bar: Always visible