Sexus: The Rosy Crucifixion I by Henry…

Sexus: The Rosy Crucifixion I (original 1949; edition 1994)

by Henry Miller

Member:mpouk
Title:Sexus: The Rosy Crucifixion I
Authors:Henry Miller
Info:Grove Press (1994), Paperback, 506 pages
Collections:Your library, Books_abroad, Literature
Rating:**1/2
Tags:English_Literature, Literature

Sexus by Henry Miller (1949)

English (6)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (11)
Back again for another Henry Miller book. This probably is actually his most representative work as it contains him both at his best and at his worst. Charles Bukoski actually said it best, that when he's good he's good but when he's bad he's pretty awful. The book is populated mostly by stupid assholes which, as it does with all literature that features stupid assholes, sadly brings the quality down. The book never reaches the heights of Tropic of Cancer, which I still think carries the Walt Whitman mantle, but never dips to the absolute boredom of Tropic of Capricorn. Instead he middles along with some bullshit here, some insight into the other characters' idiocies, and some pretty good stuff there. A thoroughly middling experience. ( )
  Salmondaze | Sep 13, 2014 |
Henry Miller quotes,"Whatever I do is done out of sheer joy; I drop my fruits like a ripe tree. What the general reader or the critic makes of them is not my concern."

Maintaining Henry’s charm; let the perversity surge.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am Henry Miller and I’m in a gratifying allegiance with my penis. I LOVE TO FUCK!!! Screw every pussy in town!! YooHoo!! My ex-wife is a lesbian! Yay!! I fucked my wife’s lesbian lover; for years! Whoa! Aren’t I an uncouth, sordid dirty little bastard?

Things you ought to discern about my book - Sexus.

1) Sexus is the first volume of the Rosy Crucifixion trilogy. The series is based on my factual life experiences amid my metamorphosis of being a novelist. Predominantly, it is my sexual navigation of an exotic creature – Mara; not before circumnavigating Irene, Sylvia and numerous dripping lassies. Irene that horny cunt can make a man bleed. No wonder her husband is paralytic. She must have twisted his cock off. Poor Ulrich couldn’t keep up with the all night orgy. Sylvia on the other hand is dull as ditch water. Mara, that bitch can get me barmy giving me a hard on even when I’m looking at the bitter hag -my wife. I am so hung up on her blowjobs and taxi quickies, I overlook that she is an impetuous liar.

2) Maude my present wife is such a wrench. Fucking her makes me feel like a necrophiliac. Although it is not a nuisance as I can bang any crap with a hole, yet her customary snide of me being a promiscuous prick, not caring about the family or my child smacks the shit out of me.

3) My cronies- Dr. Kronski, Ulrich (my sidekick in sexual burlesque), Stanley, etc.. are a bunch of sympathetic drunks with suicidal or fatal aspirations, except get them some twirling willowy legs and they can hump like rabbits.

4) Sex is one of the nine reasons of reincarnation. So, each time I get a stiff bulge in my pants I come across ways to attain salvation.

5) If the frequent usage of racially provocative or prejudiced language astounds the proverbial reader, chew a nickel and get on with it. I can’t help if I’m the cruelest sexist asshole.

6) At times when my penis does not take a call, I do manage to pen down sensible libretto arguing the significance of being a writer and life as we call it. However, me being a narcissistic prick, eventually the narration embellishes all-night orgy sessions with couple of lou-lous and Ulrich.

7) Several readers consider me to be a pervert dickhead while some contemplate about my genius collaboration of imaginative intelligentsia. Yes! My common sense does take a hike at times, but that’s who I am – a raunchy, egoistical mastermind of sexual emancipation.

Hush Miller! We get it! You are as horny as a three-balled tomcat with a swamped gutter mouth.

In conclusion, as to sum it all up, Sexus is a freakishly fascinating reserve.
  Praj05 | Apr 5, 2013 |
Erotica, memoir, history of ideas. This (the 3 volume set) is huge and wonderful and probably way overly ambitious. Miller depicts himself as a thoughtful, horny, bohemian wastrel with literary and social ambitions and an insatiable appetite for all the culture the world has to offer. He's been reviled for being misogynistic, but that seems to be a case of the times in which he was writing. ( )
  abirdman | Aug 14, 2007 |
Nothing Short of: Henry Miller's Masterpiece ( )
  booknerd06 | Aug 13, 2007 |
brilliantly written! erotica at it's finest. now, i gotta get hold of the other 2 books. ( )
  annais | May 2, 2007 |
It must have been a Thursday night when I met her for the first time-at the dance hall.
Sex is one of the nine reasons for reincarnation. The other eight are unimportant.

Sexus is the first of Henry Miller's fictional autobiographical trilogy. "Sexus", the first volume in the "Rosy Crucifixion" trilogy, looks back in fictionalised form to Miller's America life in the 1920s.This is the extraordinarily candid tale of Miller's sexual escapades amongst the low-life of Brooklyn, banned in Great Britain and America for nearly twenty years after its first publication in 1949.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,314,580 books! | Top bar: Always visible