The Kingfisher Atlas of the Ancient World by…

The Kingfisher Atlas of the Ancient World

by Simon Adams

842143,474 (4)None

camekus | Mar 5, 2009 |
The Kingfisher Atlas Of The Ancient World is a pictoral guide through the world's ancient civilzations from 10,000 B.C. to 1000 C.E. or A.D. It tells the story of humanity through pictures and short passages of text. It reveals an incredible amount of useful information from ancient text to cultural practices and philosophy. This book includes Mesopotamia, Egypt, Europe, India, Greece, Rome, Africa, China, and America.

I am a literature major and I enjoy the ancient world literature more than any other time period. I am fascinated by the different cultures and philosophy that we are able to access through ancient texts. So I bought this book for my children so I could share my interest with them.

This book could be used in the classroom as a way to share information about the world's ancient origina with the young generation. There are a lot of pictures and maps for student to look at and very short simple passages for reading. ( )
  adharrington | Oct 26, 2008 |

Featuring seventeen beautiful hand-illustrated maps and packed with eye-opening information about ancient civilizations and peoples, this is an unbeatable pictorial guide to what the world was like between 10,000 B.C. and A.D. 1000. Each stunning map shows the major sites from a particular civilization or group of civilizations, with their cities, temples, palaces, farmers, and traders brought vividly to life with detailed picture symbols. Feature spreads use photographs of cultural and architectural artifacts, as well as additional information, to focus in greater depth on the key cultures of Egypt, Greece, and Rome.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:13 -0400)

Featuring seventeen hand-illustrated maps and containing illuminating facts about ancient civilizations and peoples, this unrivaled visual guide presents an overview of the ancient world and reveals what the world was like between 10,000 B.C. and 1000 A.D.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,884,185 books! | Top bar: Always visible