I can't said the ant : a second book of…

"I can't" said the ant : a second book of nonsense (1961)

by Polly Cameron

I still have most of this book committed to memory, it was such a favorite when I was a child. ( )
  MBressette | Jun 23, 2017 |
Yay for charity sales! My library system really should make sure there's one copy of this somewhere in rural NV. Such a fun, and funny, way to learn more sophisticated words than those found in most early readers.

For example, with a picture of frosting, the word 'frosting' can be more readily sounded out. Then, as the reader knows the word will rhyme, she can more readily make out 'exhausting.' How many 6 year-olds can brag about knowing that word?!

Even better, this doesn't *look* like an early reader, so there's no stigma for those children sensitive to such concerns. And it can be enjoyed by younger children at lap-sit, and older children who are learning to write their own funny or rhyming stories or fables.

Not to mention, the story itself is a charmer. How on earth can an ant get a teapot back on the shelf?? ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
OOOhhhh I remember this one! I loved it back when. It's pretty clever for a kid's book. ( )
  k8seren | Feb 6, 2014 |
A great early reader book, old school but packed with fun and memorable rhymes. Makes reading so fun, and aside from the rhyme there is also a little illustration in each line, to serve as a helper for reading the line. Across the page are mono color (red) pictures with lots of detail to look for, relating to the text. We'll be borrowing this one again as our reading advances. ( )
  Fjola | Oct 17, 2013 |
210L,GRL M,GL 2.1,2 copies
  Totarobookroom | Jul 25, 2009 |
For Donald Cameron McQuiston
I was taking a walk when I heard a loud clatter!

It takes an army of ants and two spiders to rescue a fallen teapot.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,278,641 books! | Top bar: Always visible