All Through the Night: A Troubleshooter…

All Through the Night: A Troubleshooter Christmas

by Suzanne Brockmann

Member:spygirl
Title:All Through the Night: A Troubleshooter Christmas
Authors:Suzanne Brockmann
Info:
Collections:Have read, Your library, ebook, series, 2013
Rating:****1/2
Tags:2013, jules, robin, dolphina, will, adam, troubleshooters, wedding, stalker, reporters, gay, christmas, navy SEALs, fbi, actors, romance, thriller, suspense, military, navy, jules cassidy, robin chadwick, jules and robin, re-read, 2013.

All Through the Night by Suzanne Brockmann

Robin & Jules get married ( )
  Talthor | Dec 31, 2013 |
This book gave me what I've wanted for so long: an adult M/M with no sex. It wasn't about all the sex these men have or want to have. It was about how much they love each other and the importance of getting to cement that love and commitment through marriage.

Now, of course, my evil, cynical brain can't help but wonder if the lack of sex was because Ballantine only gave Brockmann so much latitude with this book. Big Six publishers aren't really known for their support of LGBT romance. I truly hope this was an authorial choice on Brockmann's part and not an "Ew, yucky, gay sex!" edict from the publisher because I did love the fabulous balance of their relationship in this book. To really feel that they loved each other and not just having sex with each other. They gave me so many heart flutters and smiles. Happy sigh.

With one or two exceptions I loved all the characters in this book. The dialogue, especially between Robin an Jules, was fun and funny. The friends that surrounded them were great, often sweet, with fantastic camaraderie and such abundant love and support for each other. Jules and Sam's nicknames for each other killed me. I loved it. What's terribly embarrassing is that it took me 209 pages to realize why Sam gave Robin the nickname he did. Epic facepalm. Although it took Robin longer, which was hilarious.

There was a lot of plot in this book even though it manages to be shorter than the other books in the series. There's a crisis in Afghanistan, an asshole journalist, an interfering ex-boyfriend, a stalker with a gun, homophobic father, a security risk friend, a burgeoning "love" between the asshole journalist and personal assistant, and more! Technically, it was too much. But I (mostly) really enjoyed reading everything so I didn't have too much of a problem with it.

Where I did have a big problem was all the POV jumping. This was supposed to be Robin and Jules's story but we spent so much time in other characters' heads. I was particularly annoyed with how much we were in Will Schroeder's POV, the jackass journalist. (God, I hate journalists. Every time.) I didn't mind Dolphina (or any of the other characters) as much, but overall, I just wanted to be back with Robin or Jules. There were some scenes where they would leave and I wanted to follow them and read what they were saying to each other rather than stay with whoever we were following at the time. There were other scenes where Robin or Jules was there the entire time yet we weren't in either POV. Why? I wanted to know what they were thinking or feeling. Are the other books in the series like this, or was it just them?

I'll see, because I'm going to read the series from the beginning. While this isn't really a standalone book, I didn't feel too lost reading it, just that I was missing out on other great stories/characters and the whole big picture. So I'll have a better handle on my feelings the second time I come to this book. This is the first Suzanne Brockmann I've read so I don't have the background to know whether or not things I've questioned are really an issue. Still, I love that Brockmann dedicated a book in her series to a non-standard couple. I'm having very big issues with romance authors creating minority characters as a superficial show of diversity and then bending over backward to create standard characters to continue the series. So everything else aside, she gets major points for not playing it that way (clearly this isn't the only book where she does this. That makes me happy).

Even with my slight cynicism and all the head hopping, I really liked this book. I enjoyed reading it a great deal and highly recommend it to everyone, especially M/M readers. ( )
  OstensiblyA1 | Sep 20, 2013 |
I've re-read all the books that Suzanne Brockmann was written (yeah, I like her that much) and this is the one that always brings a tear to my eyes.
I love Jules and Robin, I love the way Suzanne writes about true friendship and heartbreaking and family. I admire even more the way she stands up and writes about a touchy subject: gay marriage.
This is a book full of happy endings, of courage and love. ( )
  Lost_Lenore | May 22, 2013 |
Yay!! Jules and Robin get their very own book...though they do share it with Dolphina and Will and only slightly with Adam and Tony. Strong characters, great plot, the right kind of edge for a holiday book. If you are a Jules and Robin fan, you won't be disappointed. ( )
  lesmel | May 19, 2013 |
All Through the Night - A Troubleshooter Christmas
Troubleshooters series #12

Jules & Robin; Will & Dolphina

This covers the proposal and preparation for Jules' and Robin's wedding, along with working around issues like a Boston Globe reporter (Will Schroeder) crashing their bridal shower, taping a private conversation with Robin, then having it fall into the hands of a rival reporter who writes for a tabloid magazine and, of course, using only the sound bites that would make Robin look bad. Will has to claw his way back into the good graces of Jules, Robin, and Dolphina, their personal assistant, whom he has fallen hard for.

The guys' former lover, Adam Wyndham, who is known to stir up trouble between them, is being threatened by a mentally ill man who thinks Adam has an evil twin who is an alien robot. Hmm, the way he acts, it could be true. The stalker turns violent, causing Adam to run to Jules for help. In doing so, he brings the man directly to the door of Robin and Jules' home, putting everyone there in danger.

There is a poignant moment on their wedding day when Robin almost misses the wedding ceremony due to circumstances out of his control.

This installment is full of occasions showing the love and support between the guys and all of their friends and (most of) their family members--kind of like most weddings, huh? There's always going to be someone in the family who is a butthead. Sam & Jules have another heart to heart and Sam proves once again to be a great sounding board and full of solid advice.

Even though the last book in the series was the story where Jules and Robin realize they can't live without each other, I liked this one even better because we got to listen in on their serious conversations where they discussed jealousy, trust, unconditional love, etc., and saw how they worked through what was troubling them. Their love has grown and matured. This was a great example of what a romance story--and a workable marriage--should be like. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | May 13, 2013 |

Suzanne Brockmannprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Holland, MichaelReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Becker, Royce M.Cover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McCartney, BiaoccoCover Photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tinati, ShirinAuthor Photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And then, once again, I can dream, I've the night...
--Cole Porter, "All Through the Night"
Jules Cassidey was nervous.

It’s Christmastime in Boston, and this year the silver bells will be wedding bells as FBI agent Jules Cassidy ties the knot with the man of his dreams, Hollywood heartthrob Robin Chadwick.

The pair plan a quiet, intimate ceremony, to be witnessed by family and close friends from the FBI, SEAL Team Sixteen, and Troubleshooters, Incorporated, including Sam Starrett and Alyssa Locke. But the holiday season brings more to the happy couple than they expect.

A waterfall coming through their kitchen ceiling, a bat colony in the attic, old family tensions . . . even an international incident can’t dampen their spirits. But add to that a parade of unexpected guests, including a reporter looking for a scoop, an ex-lover hell-bent on causing trouble, and a dangerous stalker, and suddenly the wedding is poised to unravel in chaos.

But nothing will stop Jules and Robin from getting their happy ending, because along with a guest list featuring the most elite counterterrorism force in the world, they have their own secret weapon–true love.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:30 -0400)

An insane celebrity stalker believes Jules, Robin and their mutual ex, Adam, need to be eliminated.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,359,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible