Moulin Rouge! by Baz Luhrmann

Moulin Rouge! (2001)

by Baz Luhrmann (Director), Craig Pearce (Screenwriter)

Amusing, terrific compilation of songs, modern version of the impressionistic area of 1900. images, color(red, black and yellow), light/dark (clair obscure), music, language, ( writing jokes and So much references, also in poses :) ) , changes, variety, i always like Nicole Kidman. Such a swirling start!. It's Funny and light, overdramatic drama ( suited overdone, WP: 'pseudo pastiche'), in the frame story in Blue . Sometimes you need this.

"Christian: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. ( )
  EMS_24 | Jan 27, 2017 |
Really bad acting by Nicole Kidman ( )
  willowcove | Dec 30, 2010 |
When I first saw this in 2001, I couldn't decide whether I hated it or loved it. As a sort of "musical purist," I didn't care for the concept of mashing up a pastiche of re-purposed stage and pop hits. So I watched it again (for the fabulous dance choreography)... and again (for the gorgeous costuming)... and again (for the sheer spectacle of the major numbers)... and discovered I was hooked.

I still don't really approve of the concept. On the other hand, I've long been a big fan of pretty much anyone who's fearless enough to go for a truly bold choice like this, especially with the objective of making an established art genre more "audience accessible." Plus, the performances are astonishing, it's super eye-candy, and OMG, that Tango... ( )
1 vote Bestine | Jan 7, 2009 |

Kidman, Nicolesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Leguizamo, Johnsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGregor, EwanActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Roxburgh, RichardActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is the 2001 film Moulin Rouge! starring Nicole Kidman.

Christian is an idealistic and impoverished young writer who, newly arrived in Montmartre, is haphazardly inducted into a circle of young bohemians led by Toulouse-Lautrec. A comedy of mistaken identities ensues, quickly enmeshing the young poet in a love triangle involving the unobtainable and consumptive Satine, queen courtesan of the Moulin Rouge, and the foppish Duke of Roxbury, his villainous rival for her affections.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,441,353 books! | Top bar: Always visible