Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3) by…

Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3) (edition 2008)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:moppety
Title:Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Witches, Weres

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

English (146)  Dutch (1)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  All languages (149)
Marvelous! Mercy brings the heat! Her friends are in trouble, and again she does everything possible to save them. I want her courage. I wish to emulate her bravery - don't get me wrong. I'm not brave, but I don't think I could do what she does and have lived to tell the tale - or at least not as accepting and make peace with what happened. I can't feel bad for her because she took it all in stride once she could see clearly. I feel bad for Samuel and wish to know more of his story, I hope we get to hear more of it soon. Just as I wish to know more of Mercy and Adam's history together. I believe she made the right choice for the right reasons, I understand it was hard but I think I would have come to the same conclusion too. I am so glad for Zee as well, glad that he is iron kissed and not affected by metal or this would have ended badly and I would have been mad and not even finished the book. As it was, the book was exciting and fast paced and I had troubles putting it down long enough to do anything but take a sip of something to drink. I wish I had more of the series but it will have to wait until I can afford it. ~sigh, I hate that money rules everything. At least in Mercy's world she has friends with money, even if she's too proud to borrow some. Haha ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This book was completely amazing. I thought I loved the characters before now, but no. I grew to love, not only the ones I already liked, but ones I was on the fence about (like Ben). Patricia Briggs you are truly an artist. Love this series!! ( )
  danaaa_99 | Apr 6, 2016 |
I have to give this five stars, even if the stunned part of me isn't quite ready to admit it. One of the things I like so much about this series is the outcome (for me anyway) is not predictable. Mercy is fiercely loyal to her friends and will do anything she can to help the people she loves. When Zee is arrested and the Fae world is willing to let him take the fall for a crime he didn't commit, she's up against ancient secrets and powerful Fae artifacts with very little intel to help along the way.

The tension between Sam and Adam is also coming to a head and it's becoming clear to Mercy that she has to make a choice. As she's dealing with extra chaos, conversations and events give her a little clarity. I like Sam and Adam very much and love the way Patricia Brigg's creates such wonderful, but clearly individual characters. They are always well fleshed out and unique. Mercy has become one of my all time favorite heroines. She's strong and courageous, yet emotionally realistic. I've always liked the way she can fight the bad guys, but shed a tear when her feelings are hurt, or bake and clean when she's upset like normal women do. It made the things she went through in this book downright painful for me to read. I didn't like what happened one bit, but then again, I wasn't SUPPOSED to like that aspect. When a writer can make me want to wail or scream over something that's happened, it means I've truly connected with the characters and what they are going through. My jaw is still hanging over this:

It broke my heart to see such a powerful character raped and emotionally broken. Being drugged and unable to fight back did even more damage to her emotionally. Ms. Briggs brings up a very important issue when it comes to rape recovery and she addressed the entire situation with great care and sensitivity. As always, her approach was very realistic and true to life. I shed quite a few tears, especially when Ben spoke up during the aftermath. There were so many deeply moving scenes between the pack and Mercy, as well as between Adam and Ben. I'm still in a state of shock, but I cannot deny the writing was amazing.

This is quickly becoming my favorite Paranormal Series and I'm eager to get to the next book. I just need a few days to catch my breath and restock my Kleenex. Whew!

Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
This is by far the darkest Mercy book yet. Fae are getting killed on the reservation, and Mercy's old mentor Zee is charged with the murders. Mercy tries to prove his innocence, and gets caught up in a world where she is completely out-powered. Anti-paranormal prejudice is brought up again, but this time the reader is left to wonder whether it's not a very reasonable response.

Spoilers: Mercy finally chooses one werewolf over the other, in a non-dramatic and believable way. Hurrah!

Darker Spoiler:Also, she is raped in mind and body. The physical assult is not dwelt on, although the aftermath is. The mental assualt, however, is long and detailed and horrible. I finished reading this book and felt depressed and drained. This is not a fluffy monster-of-the-week type paranormal romance. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
3.5 ( )
  SadieSForsythe | Feb 24, 2016 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Collin: Collector of all that is Sharp and Pointy Dragon Slayer
"A cowboy, a lawyer, and a mechanic watched Queen of the Damned," I murmured.

It wasn't hard to follow the scent of blood to the living room where the fae had been killed. It had been a violent death, perfect for creating ghosts.

Mercy Thompson enjoys being a mechanic, but life is never simple given her increasing closeness to the local werewolf pack, and her ability to change into coyote form at will. And when a member of the fae comunity calls in a favour, needing her skills for a covert murder investigation, she jumps into the hunt.

But the dangers multiply and she clashes with shadowed creatures of great power. When her old boss Zee is charged with a brutal assassination, Mercy finds herself fighting alone. There are those who love her, who would keep her safe, but she is wary and holds her freedom precious. Until, that is, she has nothing left to lose but her life...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441015662, Mass Market Paperback)

When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to shapeshifting car mechanic Mercy Thompson to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not. And she'll have to choose between the two werewolves in her life-whether she wants to or not.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:35 -0400)

Shapeshifting mechanic Mercy Thompson finds her loyalty sorely tested when her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, while she is trying to choose between Sam and Adam, the two werewolves she loves.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,832,321 books! | Top bar: Always visible