Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3) by…

Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3) (edition 2008)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:moppety
Title:Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Witches, Weres

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

English (134)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (136)
I like the mythology she's made up, it's pretty awesome. The ending faltered a lot, or I'd have given a better rating.

I'm hopeful that the next book will be better. ( )
  Tom_Wright | Jun 26, 2014 |
Mercy is back and the story has feet. It is exciting in ways the lat one wasn't. I really like this series so far and will begin to read the spinoff here soon. I just like a lead character who is honest with her self and her limitations and works around them. She is no Mary Sue. Flaws and all, I can't wait to see what happens next. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
As always a wonderful read. The murder mystery with the added benefit of Fae is always a draw for me. A more old tradition fae than has been popular of late and I am glad. This story held all the marks of a good solid read. ( )
  suteko | Mar 31, 2014 |
I never accomplish anything while reading a Mercy Thompson book, but that does not bother me one bit because this series has been fantastic so far. This book was no exception. Even though this was probably the darkest book so far in the series I feel like it was the best of the series.

I really enjoyed reading more about the fae but I have to say that this book didn't really endear them to me, except for a few of them. Some of the magic they are able to do and the objects that they own are horrifying but still interesting.

The love triangle really progressed in this book and by that I mean it is a love triangle no more. I am so glad that this love triangle wasn't dragged throughout the series. I won't name any names but another series that I had read dragged a love triangle out for many books and when I finally had given up on the series it still hadn't been resolved.

What happened to Mercy towards the end broke my heart. To see her so broken was shocking. She is normally so strong but this will take some time for her to heal. She does seem to have great support around her.

I really am dying to read more of this series but I don't want to end up rushing right through it. It seems like I fly right through every book that I read in this series and I want to be able to enjoy the experience of reading these books for the first time as long as I can. I will have to dig deep to find some self control to not binge read through the other books in the series. ( )
  dpappas | Mar 13, 2014 |
This is actually a re read for me. I love this series. Strong Female lead, paranormal done slightly different. ( )
  eswaim | Feb 17, 2014 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Collin: Collector of all that is Sharp and Pointy Dragon Slayer
"A cowboy, a lawyer, and a mechanic watched Queen of the Damned," I murmured.

It wasn't hard to follow the scent of blood to the living room where the fae had been killed. It had been a violent death, perfect for creating ghosts.

Mercy Thompson enjoys being a mechanic, but life is never simple given her increasing closeness to the local werewolf pack, and her ability to change into coyote form at will. And when a member of the fae comunity calls in a favour, needing her skills for a covert murder investigation, she jumps into the hunt.

But the dangers multiply and she clashes with shadowed creatures of great power. When her old boss Zee is charged with a brutal assassination, Mercy finds herself fighting alone. There are those who love her, who would keep her safe, but she is wary and holds her freedom precious. Until, that is, she has nothing left to lose but her life...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441015662, Mass Market Paperback)

When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to shapeshifting car mechanic Mercy Thompson to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not. And she'll have to choose between the two werewolves in her life-whether she wants to or not.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:14 -0400)

Shapeshifting mechanic Mercy Thompson finds her loyalty sorely tested when her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, while she is trying to choose between Sam and Adam, the two werewolves she loves.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,634,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible