Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3) by…

Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3) (edition 2008)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:moppety
Title:Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Witches, Weres

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

English (137)  Dutch (1)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  All languages (140)
This book is the third in the Mercedes Thompson series, I also think it is the best so far. I was riveted to this book after the first few chapters, the others were good, but this one was absolutely amazing. The first two books had the Laurell K. Hamilton feel, as I said before; Briggs completely separated herself from Hamilton with this book. I love the throw back Briggs did with some of the real old fairy tales, as well as making her heroine real, we know Mercy isn't a human, but neither is she invincible. I liken her to another my favorite characters, Sookie Stackhouse. I also LOVE that Mercy finally chooses between Adam and Sam...that was just getting to be ridiculou ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
While I like Sam I am totally routing for Adam!! This was a great book super well written and great pace. The ending is a bit rough especially if you have issues with drugging and forced intimacy. It is very well written but could be touchy subject matter for some. ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
Although I loved the first two books in the Mercy Thompson series, I found it really difficult to get into this one. I was also surprised by a terrible event in the book and didn't realise it happened until a character mentioned it afterwards and had to go back and re-read it. I didn't mind that this story was darker than the others just that it didn't showcase the author's usual way of writing which sucks you in and keeps you there. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
I had completely forgotten what a cliff hanger the end of this book was.

As expected, this book primarily expanded the Fairy Tale and Rape themes I am tracking through Urban Fantasy. I adore Mercy. ( )
  raselyem7 | Aug 30, 2014 |
I like the mythology she's made up, it's pretty awesome. The ending faltered a lot, or I'd have given a better rating.

I'm hopeful that the next book will be better. ( )
  Tom_Wright | Jun 26, 2014 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Collin: Collector of all that is Sharp and Pointy Dragon Slayer
"A cowboy, a lawyer, and a mechanic watched Queen of the Damned," I murmured.

It wasn't hard to follow the scent of blood to the living room where the fae had been killed. It had been a violent death, perfect for creating ghosts.

Mercy Thompson enjoys being a mechanic, but life is never simple given her increasing closeness to the local werewolf pack, and her ability to change into coyote form at will. And when a member of the fae comunity calls in a favour, needing her skills for a covert murder investigation, she jumps into the hunt.

But the dangers multiply and she clashes with shadowed creatures of great power. When her old boss Zee is charged with a brutal assassination, Mercy finds herself fighting alone. There are those who love her, who would keep her safe, but she is wary and holds her freedom precious. Until, that is, she has nothing left to lose but her life...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441015662, Mass Market Paperback)

When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to shapeshifting car mechanic Mercy Thompson to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not. And she'll have to choose between the two werewolves in her life-whether she wants to or not.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:14 -0400)

Shapeshifting mechanic Mercy Thompson finds her loyalty sorely tested when her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, while she is trying to choose between Sam and Adam, the two werewolves she loves.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,390,321 books! | Top bar: Always visible