Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3) by…

Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3) (edition 2008)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:moppety
Title:Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Witches, Weres

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

English (142)  Dutch (1)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  All languages (145)
I love how Briggs' characters have full and mundane lives beyond the fantasy plots. Mercy always frets over the monetary costs of the super human destruction that she seems to attract. Each of the shapeshifters and vampires carry baggage and interests from before their change. This time, Ben, one of Adam’s pack, discerns Mercy’s distress and faces off with Adam to make sure he understands as well. It’s a tense moment, and possibly the best in the book. Her relationship with Samuel is finally clarified. ( )
  2wonderY | Feb 1, 2016 |
Mercy's friend and mentor is arrested for murder. She is forced by her own loyalty to intervene, even if the fae are telling her not to. The fae don't like humans knowing their business and will kill to keep their secrets. Still mercy has to save her friend. Meanwhile the pack is getting grumpy, her inability to make a choice between Sam and Adam is weakening the pack. She must make make a choice. The choice may not have to be made if she dies first and yes she is in great danger.
I loved the way the story unfolded the pace was perfect as was the conflict and resolution. Mercy's story had me in tears. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
5 stars. This started out as an audiobook for me that I was REALLY enjoying, but then were was a glitch and a large chunk was missing from the middle. So, I got the ebook to finish it out. WOW... this is my favorite so far, but wow... wow... wow. I just wasn't prepared for what happened to Mercy. I'm a bit in shock. I love it.... 5 stars! ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
This book is the third in the Mercedes Thompson series, I also think it is the best so far. I was riveted to this book after the first few chapters, the others were good, but this one was absolutely amazing. The first two books had the Laurell K. Hamilton feel, as I said before; Briggs completely separated herself from Hamilton with this book. I love the throw back Briggs did with some of the real old fairy tales, as well as making her heroine real, we know Mercy isn't a human, but neither is she invincible. I liken her to another my favorite characters, Sookie Stackhouse. I also LOVE that Mercy finally chooses between Adam and Sam...that was just getting to be ridiculou ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
(Listened to audiobook version.) Enjoyable sequel to Moon Called. ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Collin: Collector of all that is Sharp and Pointy Dragon Slayer
"A cowboy, a lawyer, and a mechanic watched Queen of the Damned," I murmured.

It wasn't hard to follow the scent of blood to the living room where the fae had been killed. It had been a violent death, perfect for creating ghosts.

Mercy Thompson enjoys being a mechanic, but life is never simple given her increasing closeness to the local werewolf pack, and her ability to change into coyote form at will. And when a member of the fae comunity calls in a favour, needing her skills for a covert murder investigation, she jumps into the hunt.

But the dangers multiply and she clashes with shadowed creatures of great power. When her old boss Zee is charged with a brutal assassination, Mercy finds herself fighting alone. There are those who love her, who would keep her safe, but she is wary and holds her freedom precious. Until, that is, she has nothing left to lose but her life...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441015662, Mass Market Paperback)

When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to shapeshifting car mechanic Mercy Thompson to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not. And she'll have to choose between the two werewolves in her life-whether she wants to or not.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:35 -0400)

Shapeshifting mechanic Mercy Thompson finds her loyalty sorely tested when her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, while she is trying to choose between Sam and Adam, the two werewolves she loves.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,120,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible