Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner

Certain Girls (2008)

by Jennifer Weiner

This is probably one of the best books I've read. It made me laugh, cry, sometimes at the same time and really touches on the emotions of being a teenager growing up and being an adult as well. I so loved this.
  Hezalin | Feb 22, 2016 |
didnt enjoy the sequel as much as the first book Good In Bed but I did enjoy it. ( )
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
Wasn't too excited about this book. Didn't get into it till the end. She's written better!! ( )
  KatDes | Nov 20, 2015 |
Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner
Have enjoyed the author's other works and I bought the paperback and will listen to this on tape.
Alternating chapters of a Philadelphia housewife and her daughter's point of view in her own chapters.
Canny writes of her life, fantasies and knits at her daughters Joy dance lessons. She finds the story of her life from her mother.
Peter, her husband wants more kids. Such a diversified set of characters between the age groups and life styles.
Teen years are hard for the new generation and new rules.
  jbarr5 | Jul 24, 2015 |
From J. Weiner's homepage: CERTAIN GIRLS was originally called HESITATION WALTZ, which is an actual dance, and which described, to me, the way various characters in the story hovered on the brink of big changes. http://jenniferweiner.com/faqs.htm

It's been almost thirteen years since we last saw Cannie Shapiro, the heroine of Good in Bed, whose journey towards happy-ever-after made millions of women the world over laugh, cry and recognise themselves. The last decade of Cannie's life has brought some surprises. Her life story, in fictional form, became an unexpected bestseller, and Cannie has since retreated from fame's fallout, writing science-fiction under a pen name and praying that all her daughter inherited from her father, Cannie's ex-boyfriend Bruce Guberman, are her curls and her eye-colour, and not his predilection for smoking pot. Meanwhile Cannie's best friend, Samantha, is looking for love in all the wrong places, and Cannie's husband, Peter, has decided that he'd like to have a baby, and the family's first choice for a surrogate is none other than Cannie's flamboyant kid sister ...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:38 -0400)

No longer famous, journalist Cannie Shapiro writes science fiction under a pen name while raising her teenage daughter, and considers her husband Peter's request to have Cannie's flamboyant sister provide surrogate services so that they can have a second child.… (more)

Jennifer Weiner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,956,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible