I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (2006)

by Tucker Max

Love Italian Style: The Secrets of My Hot and Happy Marriage by Melissa Gorga (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: If you need a book about how NOT to behave, and what NOT to expect from decent human beings, this is it. No holds are barred (quite literally, in some cases), so read at your own discretion.
    Apathy and Other Small Victories by Paul Neilan (jbarry)
    jbarry: hilariously and painfully honest!

So if you know anything about Tucker Max, you know he's absurdly sexist and ribald and anything but respectful of women. I can't deny, though, that he's a decent writer and tells a funny story -- which, although they are often at the expense of women he's dated, are almost as frequently at his own expense, which in my opinion covers a multitude of sins. I needed a book that would force me to laugh in spite of some very not-funny situations in my life currently, and this book fit the bill perfectly. Also, it made me absurdly grateful that I never dated Tucker Max, or anyone remotely resembling him. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
Just a simple book about a boys crazy college life. I think a lot of men have their own crazy stories they want to share but cant... This book just lets you relive them or live vicariously through someone else. Funny and entertaining book that left me looking for an ending. There seemed to be no ending!! ( )
  yahscott | Mar 7, 2016 |
Not for the easily appalled, offended or nauseated. But if we read the memoirs of the wonderful people who have truly made a difference in our world, or people that started at the bottom and made it to the top, why not round it out and read about the reprehensible as well? There were moments of this book that as gross as they were, were absolutely laugh out loud funny. But ultimately it was extremely graphic and not an experience I need to repeat. Addition: It is only fair to say that this meeting of my book club was the best attended, loudest, longest and funniest to date - have to give him a nod for that. ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
Disgusting, but entertaining. A lot of it is really funny, for fiction. But it is also very repetitive and gross (i.e., vomit,etc.). Definitely adults only. And most of them may be offended.
The chlamydia story is indeed hilarious!
He gives nicknames to all of his buddies. I don't remember finding out his nickname (Hurricane?). ( )
  TChesney | Jan 30, 2016 |
Is this guy for real !!!
Some of the stories are very hilarious and will make you fall-off while reading.
Worth a read but for grown ups only :) :) ( )
  _RSK | Jan 26, 2016 |
I used to think that Red Bull was the most destructive invention of the past 50 years.

Tucker Max recounts some of the drunken, sexual, or otherwise debaucherous adventures he has had; and includes "The Famous Sushi Pants Story," "This'll Just Hurt a Little," "The Dog Vomit Story," and others.

My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way: I share my adventures with the world. —from the Introduction Actual reader feedback:

"I am completely baffled as to how you can congratulate yourself for being a womanizer and a raging drunk, or think anyone cares about an idiot like you. Do you really think that exploiting the insecurities of others while getting wasted is a legitimate thing to offer?"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you—for sharing with us your wonderful tales of drunken revelry, for teaching me what it means to be a man, for just existing so I know that there is another option; I too can say ‘screw the system’ and be myself and have fun. My life truly began when I finished reading your stories. Now, when faced with a quandary about what course of action I should take, I just ask myself, ‘What Would Tucker Do?’—and I do it, and I am a better man for it."

"I find it truly appalling that there are people in the world like you. You are a disgusting, vile, repulsive, repugnant, foul creature. Because of you, I don’t believe in God anymore. No just God would allow someone like you to exist."

"I’ll stay with God as my lord, but you are my savior. I just finished reading your brilliant stories, and I laughed so hard I almost vomited. I want to bring that kind of joy to people. You’re an artist of the highest order and a true humanitarian to boot. I'm in both shock and awe at how much I want to be you."

"You are the coolest person I can even imagine existing. If you slept with my girlfriend, it'd make me love her more."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:01 -0400)

Proud of being socially inappropriate and sexually irresponsible, the author shares his carefree experiences.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,735,331 books! | Top bar: Always visible