I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (2006)

by Tucker Max

1,463None5,090 (3.31)20
2008 (5) 2009 (8) alcohol (9) asshole (4) autobiography (13) biography (8) collection (3) college (3) comedy (15) drinking (10) ebook (9) essays (8) fiction (9) fratire (8) funny (5) hilarious (4) humor (93) Kindle (4) library (3) memoir (52) men (6) non-fiction (67) own (8) read (15) relationships (6) sex (24) short stories (19) to-read (19) tucker max (5) unread (5)
    Love Italian Style: The Secrets of My Hot and Happy Marriage by Melissa Gorga (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: If you need a book about how NOT to behave, and what NOT to expect from decent human beings, this is it. No holds are barred (quite literally, in some cases), so read at your own discretion.
    Apathy and Other Small Victories by Paul Neilan (jbarry)
    jbarry: hilariously and painfully honest!

Horrible book. No a fun read makes you angry and annoyed at this man and people like him. Do not recommend. ( )
  ERBirchfield | Mar 3, 2014 |
Completely hilarious and you'll feel like the biggest jerk in the world for laughing at it. ( )
  Jerry.Yoakum | Jan 24, 2014 |
Tucker Max is possible the absolute scum of the earth. However his book "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" had me laughing until the end. All in all i would hate to meet him in person but reading about his disgustingly ridiculous life not only made me feel better about myself but also gave me a good laugh. ( )
  Laurakeggg | Jul 30, 2013 |
Wow. This has to be the most laugh out loud funny book I've read in a very long time. Though it may not be for everyone, it is definitely hilarious. 10/10 ( )
1 vote DianaLynn5287 | Jun 21, 2013 |
The Good: Max's writing is good. Man knows how to weave a tale. And there is no doubt of large embellishment to his stories. They ring true, as crazy as some may seem.

The Bad: Are we really giving out book deals for stories like this now? I could have been a millionaire, or something. Really, his stories are the same as every other drunken story I have ever heard or experienced. There isn't anything bizarrely special about Max and his antics, other than he's got a little less shame than some and a better vocabulary than many. ( )
  TequilaReader | Jun 6, 2013 |
I used to think that Red Bull was the most destructive invention of the past 50 years.

Tucker Max recounts some of the drunken, sexual, or otherwise debaucherous adventures he has had; and includes "The Famous Sushi Pants Story," "This'll Just Hurt a Little," "The Dog Vomit Story," and others.

My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way: I share my adventures with the world. —from the Introduction Actual reader feedback:

"I am completely baffled as to how you can congratulate yourself for being a womanizer and a raging drunk, or think anyone cares about an idiot like you. Do you really think that exploiting the insecurities of others while getting wasted is a legitimate thing to offer?"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you—for sharing with us your wonderful tales of drunken revelry, for teaching me what it means to be a man, for just existing so I know that there is another option; I too can say ‘screw the system’ and be myself and have fun. My life truly began when I finished reading your stories. Now, when faced with a quandary about what course of action I should take, I just ask myself, ‘What Would Tucker Do?’—and I do it, and I am a better man for it."

"I find it truly appalling that there are people in the world like you. You are a disgusting, vile, repulsive, repugnant, foul creature. Because of you, I don’t believe in God anymore. No just God would allow someone like you to exist."

"I’ll stay with God as my lord, but you are my savior. I just finished reading your brilliant stories, and I laughed so hard I almost vomited. I want to bring that kind of joy to people. You’re an artist of the highest order and a true humanitarian to boot. I'm in both shock and awe at how much I want to be you."

"You are the coolest person I can even imagine existing. If you slept with my girlfriend, it'd make me love her more."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:25 -0400)

Proud of being socially inappropriate and sexually irresponsible, the author shares his carefree experiences.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,439,445 books! | Top bar: Always visible