dismiss

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell (edition 2009)

by Tucker Max (Author)

Proud of being socially inappropriate and sexually irresponsible, the author shares his carefree experiences.
Member:GrumpyLawyer
Title:I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell
Authors:Tucker Max (Author)
Info:Citadel (2009), Edition: Media Tie In, 368 pages

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max

Love Italian Style: The Secrets of My Hot and Happy Marriage by Melissa Gorga (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: If you need a book about how NOT to behave, and what NOT to expect from decent human beings, this is it. No holds are barred (quite literally, in some cases), so read at your own discretion.
    Apathy and Other Small Victories by Paul Neilan (jbarry)
    jbarry: hilariously and painfully honest!

I found some of the stories intensely hilarious despite the vulgarity. Soon into the book however you realize that much of it repeats on itself. Nothing much to gain from this book other than a good laugh at times and to realize that you might not be as bad as others... ( )
  briandarvell | Aug 7, 2020 |
This book is about the exploits of Tucker Max. Be prepare to be offended and to not want to talk to single men ever again. ( )
  akbooks | Sep 12, 2019 |
I laughed so hard I cried, I may have even snorted a few times! The only thing that prevents me from giving this 5 stars is that the main character is such an a-hole that certain sections were hard for me to read. Definitely a great laugh!! ( )
  crathburn | Mar 23, 2019 |
So Tucker Max isn't a lawyer because he think he can write? LOL. This is just a bunch of random stories put together in no specific order. They all start the same he's drunk, he's behaving like an asshole, yet somehow there are women who want to sleep with this. I've read his site before the books and was amused. But wow, just wow. He can't write to save his life (his grammar, I about died) but he can tell an amusing story. Some of the stories are questionable about how accurate he is portraying them, especially when he's like "I can't make this shit up" or "go ask so and so, he has no reason to lie for me" makes me wonder how true they are. He knows he was an asshole and still is and that a lot of people aren't laughing with him but at him and he can take it while laughing at himself. I can even respect the fact that he knew what he did when he was younger was fucked up, like lying to women and harassing anyone he please instead of just loud mouths bothering him, and actually grown as a person and realize he shouldn't lie because he doesn't have to to find a woman to sleep with him, just has to find women who are like him. I don't like how he talks about women sometimes, calling them whores and hoes, while doing the same things they do. I get he was young and dumb and he definitely seemed to mature up later in the book and not be such a asshole. ( )
  wellreadcatlady | Oct 5, 2018 |
Funny in places... but mostly just rude.

I'm not just speaking about the tales that Tucker Max chose to share in this book either, but also including his lack of writing skills. If it wasn't for his outrageousness, offensiveness, and general lack of a conscience, I don't think he would have been successful at all. His style is fine for his blog, where he chronicles his life and where, I presume, these stories originated. In book form, however, it sucks. Tucker Max seems to be his biggest fan, and I actually feel badly for him for when his moment of glory ends... I don't think he'll handle the crash well. ( )
  snotbottom | Sep 19, 2018 |
I used to think that Red Bull was the most destructive invention of the past 50 years.

Tucker Max recounts some of the drunken, sexual, or otherwise debaucherous adventures he has had; and includes "The Famous Sushi Pants Story," "This'll Just Hurt a Little," "The Dog Vomit Story," and others.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,074,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible