I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Tucker Max

Member:fakelvis
Title:I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell
Authors:Tucker Max
Info:Citadel Press (2006), Paperback, 288 pages

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max (2006)

Love Italian Style: The Secrets of My Hot and Happy Marriage by Melissa Gorga (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: If you need a book about how NOT to behave, and what NOT to expect from decent human beings, this is it. No holds are barred (quite literally, in some cases), so read at your own discretion.
    Apathy and Other Small Victories by Paul Neilan (jbarry)
    jbarry: hilariously and painfully honest!

Funny in places... but mostly just rude.

I'm not just speaking about the tales that Tucker Max chose to share in this book either, but also including his lack of writing skills. If it wasn't for his outrageousness, offensiveness, and general lack of a conscience, I don't think he would have been successful at all. His style is fine for his blog, where he chronicles his life and where, I presume, these stories originated. In book form, however, it sucks. Tucker Max seems to be his biggest fan, and I actually feel badly for him for when his moment of glory ends... I don't think he'll handle the crash well. ( )
  snotbottom | Sep 19, 2018 |
So Tucker Max isn't a lawyer because he think he can write? LOL. This is just a bunch of random stories put together in no specific order. They all start the same he's drunk, he's behaving like an asshole, yet somehow there are women who want to sleep with this. I've read his site before the books and was amused. But wow, just wow. He can't write to save his life (his grammar, I about died) but he can tell an amusing story. Some of the stories are questionable about how accurate he is portraying them, especially when he's like "I can't make this shit up" or "go ask so and so, he has no reason to lie for me" makes me wonder how true they are. He knows he was an asshole and still is and that a lot of people aren't laughing with him but at him and he can take it while laughing at himself. I can even respect the fact that he knew what he did when he was younger was fucked up, like lying to women and harassing anyone he please instead of just loud mouths bothering him, and actually grown as a person and realize he shouldn't lie because he doesn't have to to find a woman to sleep with him, just has to find women who are like him. I don't like how he talks about women sometimes, calling them whores and hoes, while doing the same things they do. I get he was young and dumb and he definitely seemed to mature up later in the book and not be such a asshole. ( )
  wellreadcatlady | Jul 9, 2018 |
I can't believe I read this book.

It was just resting there, half-hidden behind more respectable books such as [b:Siddhartha|52036|Siddhartha|Hermann Hesse|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1320519981s/52036.jpg|4840290] and [b:The Great Gatsby|4671|The Great Gatsby|F. Scott Fitzgerald|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1340163129s/4671.jpg|245494]. The book looked vaguely familiar to me. I had probably heard about it once or twice over the years. Shrugging, I picked it up and began leafing through it idly. This was a mistake.

The second I begin reading a book it is like a trainwreck. I can't stop. It doesn't matter how much I dislike the book, or like it - I just feel the need to finish what I begin. Such was my experience reading this. I felt obligated to finish it, including the two appendices, and thus, I did.

I agree with previous reviewers. This book was like a sociology lesson in the sort of person I never want to meet. I refuse to acknowledge they exist, more often than not, these sorts of players. By the time that [a:Tucker Max|5856|Tucker Max|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1216221612p2/5856.jpg] figured out that there are women with "game" who inevitably play the players and what not... yeah. I felt he deserved it, and more.

This book wasn't soul-shattering or horrifying, it was more simply... sad, disgusting, and unfortunate. It's one thing to live your life drinking, fornicating, and writing about it - but can you at least do it in a decent style? [a:Hunter S. Thompson|5237|Hunter S. Thompson|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1206560814p2/5237.jpg] had more class than [a:Tucker Max|5856|Tucker Max|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1216221612p2/5856.jpg] and far better writing chops.

So basically, yeah, I smirked maybe twice and all in all just wish I could have enjoyed it more. I feel vaguely ashamed to have read it. But there you go. It happens.
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
HILARIOUS ( )
  RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
This book is hilarious, but it has made me lose every moral standard I possessed prior to reading it. I'm going to see how long it takes for them to return. ( )
  BEGivens | Mar 21, 2018 |
I used to think that Red Bull was the most destructive invention of the past 50 years.

Tucker Max recounts some of the drunken, sexual, or otherwise debaucherous adventures he has had; and includes "The Famous Sushi Pants Story," "This'll Just Hurt a Little," "The Dog Vomit Story," and others.

My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way: I share my adventures with the world. —from the Introduction Actual reader feedback:

"I am completely baffled as to how you can congratulate yourself for being a womanizer and a raging drunk, or think anyone cares about an idiot like you. Do you really think that exploiting the insecurities of others while getting wasted is a legitimate thing to offer?"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you—for sharing with us your wonderful tales of drunken revelry, for teaching me what it means to be a man, for just existing so I know that there is another option; I too can say ‘screw the system’ and be myself and have fun. My life truly began when I finished reading your stories. Now, when faced with a quandary about what course of action I should take, I just ask myself, ‘What Would Tucker Do?’—and I do it, and I am a better man for it."

"I find it truly appalling that there are people in the world like you. You are a disgusting, vile, repulsive, repugnant, foul creature. Because of you, I don’t believe in God anymore. No just God would allow someone like you to exist."

"I’ll stay with God as my lord, but you are my savior. I just finished reading your brilliant stories, and I laughed so hard I almost vomited. I want to bring that kind of joy to people. You’re an artist of the highest order and a true humanitarian to boot. I'm in both shock and awe at how much I want to be you."

"You are the coolest person I can even imagine existing. If you slept with my girlfriend, it'd make me love her more."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:01 -0400)

Proud of being socially inappropriate and sexually irresponsible, the author shares his carefree experiences.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,950,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible