dismiss

Senrid by Sherwood Smith

Senrid (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Sherwood Smith (Author)

Series: Crown and Court (Prequel), Sartorias-deles (14)

Senrid is a story of swashbuckling boys and girls, royal stakes, mysterious villains, high adventure and strange magic, set in the universe of Crown Duel and Inda.
Member:jeidai
Title:Senrid
Authors:Sherwood Smith (Author)
Info:YA Angst (2007), 448 pages
Tags:fantasy, young adult

Senrid by Sherwood Smith (2007)

0.1 (2) 2008 (2) 2013 (1) children (1) Civil War (1) crown & court (2) ebook (2) fantasy (26) fantasy fiction (1) fiction (11) high fantasy (3) Inda (1) magic (2) medievaloid (1) mooched (1) novel (2) own (2) prequel (2) princess (1) reviewed (1) sartorias-deles (6) series (4) sf (2) sff (2) to-read (6) unread (2) women authors (1) world building (1) YA (11) young adult (10)

High Fantasy
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Choppy and disjointed. The motivations and backstory of CJ and Faline's friends was not adequately explained and doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the world. This takes place shortly before A Stranger to Command, but they don't need to be read in that order. It didn't fill in the blanks that I was most interested in. ( )
  readinggeek451 | Feb 7, 2009 |
Why wasn't I spared from such horrible clap trap... The material that Sherwood Smith wrote as an adult in the Inda world is decent. The items she wrote as a juvenile, is juvenile and a decent editor would have spared us all. It is a shame that Smith had to use her popularity to flog such a piece of drek. ( )
  DWWilkin | Nov 15, 2008 |
I just finsihed reading Senrid. It was a gift from someone who knew the author when they both were much younger and the story was first written. While I had trouble getting started with it, it wasn't long before I found that I was looking forward to opportunities to return to reading. Within the first 75 -90 pages or so I started to care about what was going to happen to the characters, probably because it really is a story in which the object is for the hero to understand the strength of good, right decisions over bad, selfish goals.

I think what I found most difficult to deal with while
reading in the beginning was the kid's slang. I guess it made me feel
excluded - just like an adult hanging around with a bunch of kids, or
I suppose a kid, hanging around with a bunch of adults. If Smith was
trying for that, I would say, WOW! Good job!

I also wasn't that keen on the underwater portion, but all in all it
is a darn good story and it does work - I was sorry to see it end.
For me that's the sign of a good book. Oh yeah, and for an annoying
character, Kitty isn't half bad either! I love the idea of being surrounded by cats, even large cats... but maybe that's because here at home I am surrounded by cats (just the small kind)

All in all this book is both entertaining and thought provoking.
  RoseEllen | Jan 1, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

Crown and Court (Prequel)
Well, none of us knew at the time that that king is Senrid.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,708,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible