A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding…

A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam (edition 1999)

by I. A. Ibrahim

Member:herzogbr
Title:A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam
Authors:I. A. Ibrahim
Info:Dar-us-Salam Publications (1999), Paperback, 76 pages
Collections:Library Book
Tags:2007-11, non-fction, religion, islam, islamic, koran, quran, muslim, qur'an, religious, muhammad, library book

A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam by I. A. Ibrahim (Author)

It failed to even slightly prove that:

1) Islam is a real religion.
2) Muhammed was a prophet of God.
3) God and Islam view everyone equally regardless of race, age or gender.

That being said, I put my atheist beliefs aside and attempted to read the book with an open mind. And I learned some new things. I didn't know much about the five pillars of Islam and my only exposure to the story of Muhammed was through a children's picture book in primary school, so I actually came away from this with more information than I get from most. That was a bonus.

But it still didn't prove anything and I haven't been converted. The example quotes from the Qu'ran were frequently repeated and often irrelevent... apparently a woman being punished for starving a cat has something to do with human rights - well, this is news to me!

At only 70-something pages, though, I read it in no time and, like I said, I now have a slightly greater knowledge of Islam than I did an hour ago. ( )
  emleemay | Mar 30, 2013 |
This book covers a range of subjects not ordinarily discussed. Chapter 3 is a good summary of basic questions about Islam.
  psumesc | Feb 24, 2011 |
This is the most beautiful book after qur'an which i wish to give to my non-muslim friends.
  fathensj | Jan 9, 2011 |
Cheers for trying to make your religion make sense in terms of science, guys, instead of the other way around, like some people we could mention. Jeers for the feebleness of the results. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Jan 22, 2009 |
While the title is a bit misleading, it's still a wonderful book. It isn't so much a guide to Islam as random bits of trivia and frequently asked questions regarding Islam (still fascinating).
I absolutely love the anecdotes it cites from the Qu'ran. I highly recommend this book, but ignore the title. ( )
  benuathanasia | Dec 16, 2008 |

Sylvester, Tony Abu-KhaliylEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Taha, Mahjoub O.Science editorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thomas, Michael Abdul-HakimEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Zarabozo, JamaalEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"This book is specifically written for non-Muslims to help them better understand Islam. Some of the topics in this book are: Evidence that Islam is a true religion, proofs that the Qur'an is the literal word of God, scientific miracles in the Qur'an with scientific illustrations, why Muhammad is truly a prophet sent by God, some benefits of Islam, general information on Islam, pillars of faith, correction of some misconceptions about Islam, the status of women in Islam, and what Islam says about terrorism" -- www.amazon.com… (more)

1 free

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,327,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible