90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death…

90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death and Life (2004)

by Don Piper

Other authors: Cecil Murphey

Recently added byhpl83332, MLRALibrary, TeresaWesterman, private library, jekier, atholbaptistchurch, misskate

English (62)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (64)
i really enjoy books like this. Makes me want to know more at the end. i wanted to never stop reading this book. it was entertaining and showed deep faith. it made me happier and faithful.
  audreys2019 | Oct 3, 2014 |
Any book that talks about heaven I will enjoy reading. But I thought something was missing in this book. The author focused too much on his own struggles and not enough on his experience in heaven. It seemed that the balance between them was missing. It is a very easy read-I finished it in one day and I tend to read slowly. ( )
  Leena_Duncan | Jul 30, 2014 |
90 MINUTES IN HEAVEN: A TRUE STORY OF DEATH AND LIFE by Don Piper with Cecil Murphey is an interesting Biography/Autobiography. The 10th Anniversary Edition with new materials.

A simply written story of death, life, and life after death. This was written 10 years after the original one which was released 2004. This is the impact of pain, hope, faith, and healing. An updated version! He talks candidly about his overcoming,what could have been a tragedy, miracles, prayer, his return to life and his recovery and of course his experience of "90 Minutes in Heaven". What a though-provoking tale! If you have never read this inspiring book, I would highly recommend you to pick it up, you won't regret your choice. A powerful story! Received for an honest review from the publisher.

*Coming in July from Revell Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group*

Rating: 4

Heat rating: N/A

Reviewed by: AprilR, courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Jul 16, 2014 |
Great example of overcoming a life changing event with God's help. ( )
  LAHoffman | Apr 3, 2014 |
Author was sincere and believed all that he wrote. He is a Baptist pastor and interpreted his experiences in the light of his beliefs. It stuck out for me that he has never critically examined anything. ( )
1 vote jamesfallen | Feb 7, 2014 |

Don Piperprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Murphey, Cecilsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To the prayer warriors...
You prayed; I'm here!
I died on January 18, 1989.

As he is driving home from a minister's conference, Baptist minister Don Piper collides with a semi-truck that crosses into his lane. He is pronounced dead at the scene. For the next 90 minutes, Piper experiences heaven where he is greeted by those who had influenced him spiritually. He hears beautiful music and feels true peace.

Back on earth, a passing minister who had also been at the conference is led to pray for Don even though he knows the man is dead. Piper miraculously comes back to life and the bliss of heaven is replaced by a long and painful recovery.

For years Piper kept his heavenly experience to himself. Finally, however, friends and family convinced him to share his remarkable story.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:24 -0400)

Recounts the experience of Baptist minister Don Piper, who was pronounced dead at the scene of a car accident and experienced the glories of heaven for ninety minutes, but who miraculously came back to life, where he endured a long and painful recovery.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,484,945 books! | Top bar: Always visible