90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death…

90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death and Life (2004)

by Don Piper

Other authors: Cecil Murphey

1,872None3,667 (3.5)41

English (60)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (62)
Great example of overcoming a life changing event with God's help. ( )
  LAHoffman | Apr 3, 2014 |
Author was sincere and believed all that he wrote. He is a Baptist pastor and interpreted his experiences in the light of his beliefs. It stuck out for me that he has never critically examined anything. ( )
1 vote jamesfallen | Feb 7, 2014 |
The heaven part was great, but the majority of this book was about his pain on earth. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
Absolutely amazing. Even in "near death" or "return to life" stories you don't imagine a man being dead 90 minutes and returning to this earth. Truly a story of a miracle, and a man whose has things yet to do before returning to heaven.

Bookcrossing: http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/6557020/ ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 22, 2014 |
I am so glad I am not the only person so give this book only one or two stars. I'm trying not to feel guilty about giving it such a mow rating, but I just wasn't feeling it. In fact, I could probably classify this book as a DNF (did not finish). I really just scanned the last half of it. I found it to be more disheartening than uplifting and just a bad mood in general.

I would recommend reading Heaven is for Real instead. ( )
  pandalovesyou | Sep 4, 2013 |

Don Piperprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Murphey, Cecilsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To the prayer warriors...
You prayed; I'm here!
I died on January 18, 1989.

As he is driving home from a minister's conference, Baptist minister Don Piper collides with a semi-truck that crosses into his lane. He is pronounced dead at the scene. For the next 90 minutes, Piper experiences heaven where he is greeted by those who had influenced him spiritually. He hears beautiful music and feels true peace.

Back on earth, a passing minister who had also been at the conference is led to pray for Don even though he knows the man is dead. Piper miraculously comes back to life and the bliss of heaven is replaced by a long and painful recovery.

For years Piper kept his heavenly experience to himself. Finally, however, friends and family convinced him to share his remarkable story.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:24 -0400)

Recounts the experience of Baptist minister Don Piper, who was pronounced dead at the scene of a car accident and experienced the glories of heaven for ninety minutes, but who miraculously came back to life, where he endured a long and painful recovery.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,489,825 books! | Top bar: Always visible