90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death…

90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death and Life (2004)

by Don Piper

Other authors: Cecil Murphey

English (68)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (70)
So good!!! ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
Though I have to admit to a bit of skepticism, I did find the book interesting and well-written in the fact that it is hard to put down and the story flows from chapter to chapter.

I appreciated Piper's honesty in saying he doesn't know the answers to the "why?" questions but that he trusts there is a purpose behind what he experienced and why he is here. That belief translates well to many life situations. I also appreciate that he wants to encourage and give hope to others who find themselves wearing fixator devices like what he had. Talking to someone who's been through the experience and lived is often a great encouragement--just to know someone understands what you're going through is a great encouragement.

I received this book several years ago as part of a secret sister exchange but didn't read it until now. I think I understand parts of his experience better now than I might have before 2013. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
I listened to this on CD. It was very moving and made me realize how easy I have it. I liked the book although I did feel sick to my stomach with some of the details of his injuries. ( )
  ChildofGod | Dec 11, 2015 |
I borrowed this from a friend.

A devastating road accident results in Don Piper's death, arrival at heaven's gate, and subsequent return to earthly life. He struggles with constant pain, suffering, and wondering why he was "sent back."
This is a very inspiring book for all who have lost loved ones and have reason to believe that they are indeed in "a better place", and for all who are suffering, are despondent and who are wondering what life is all about.
It is unapologetically a Christian book, written by a Baptist pastor telling of his own experiences. I found it very inspiring, and would like to buy copies of my own, to share with others. ( )
  FancyHorse | Oct 17, 2015 |
BORING, DELUDED, AND STUPID ( )
  jimocracy | Apr 18, 2015 |

Don Piperprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Murphey, Cecilsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To the prayer warriors...
You prayed; I'm here!
I died on January 18, 1989.

As he is driving home from a minister's conference, Baptist minister Don Piper collides with a semi-truck that crosses into his lane. He is pronounced dead at the scene. For the next 90 minutes, Piper experiences heaven where he is greeted by those who had influenced him spiritually. He hears beautiful music and feels true peace.

Back on earth, a passing minister who had also been at the conference is led to pray for Don even though he knows the man is dead. Piper miraculously comes back to life and the bliss of heaven is replaced by a long and painful recovery.

For years Piper kept his heavenly experience to himself. Finally, however, friends and family convinced him to share his remarkable story.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:03 -0400)

Recounts the experience of Baptist minister Don Piper, who was pronounced dead at the scene of a car accident and experienced the glories of heaven for ninety minutes, but who miraculously came back to life, where he endured a long and painful recovery.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,942,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible