All I Really Need to Know I Learned in…

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten: Uncommon Thoughts on… (edition 2004)

by Robert Fulghum (Author)

A book to raise the spirits and warm the heart. Includes the famous Kindergarten essay that was read on the floor of the U.S. Senate.
Member:LindaCarmon
Title:All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten: Uncommon Thoughts on Common Things
Authors:Robert Fulghum (Author)
Info:Ballantine Books (2004), Edition: 15th Anniversary, 221 pages

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum

The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha (amarie)
    amarie: There is a similar love of the best things/people/places/experiences in life that may be overlooked sometimes.

English (37)  Czech (1)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (41)
A Monty Python-dal jutott az eszembe, amikor elolvastam: "Always look on the bright side of life". No meg Bobby McFerrin "Don't Worry Be Happy" című dala. Nagy témák hihetetlen könnyedséggel. Humor a köbön - magunkon lehet a legjobbat nevetni. Egyszóval: léleküdítő és frissítő - mindenkinek ajánlott időnként egy adagot elfogyasztani belőle. ( )
  gjudit8 | Aug 3, 2020 |
I thought it was rather humourous ( )
  nlmii | Jul 31, 2020 |
"And another thing: There are contradictions in here. You may be reading
along and think, "Didn't he just say the opposite of that a few pages back?"
Yes. It's just that I seem to hold in my head some mutually exclusive
notions. For example, it is true that the unexamined life is not worth living,
and true that ignorance is bliss, and so on. I haven't made up my mind about
everything yet." (Page viii) ( )
  bread2u | Jul 1, 2020 |
Softer than Andy Rooney, but just as insightful into the workings of people. ( )
  LindaLeeJacobs | Feb 15, 2020 |
One of the most enjoyable books that I ever read! I'd you find yourself in its pages, check your pulse, and if it doesn't give all of your emotions a good workout, check your dang pulse again! ( )
  lomerson2 | Nov 16, 2019 |
Fulghum, a retired Unitarian minister, does not express uncommon thoughts here: his thoughts are those we all wish were true.... Fulghum approaches each topic here with lump-in-the-throat sentimentality, which is sure to feed the public's perceived hunger for happy talk.
added by Lemeritus | editPublishers Weekly (Sep 1, 1988)

Each spring, for many years, I have set myself the task of writing a personal statement of belief: a Credo.

Most of what I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate-school mountain, but there in the sandpile at Sunday School.
These are the things I learned:

• Share Everything

• Play Fair

• Don't hit people

• Put things back where you found them.

• Clean up your own mess

• Don't take things that aren't yours

• Say your sorry when you hurt somebody

• Wash your hands before you eat

• Flush

• Warm cookies and Cold milk are good for you

• Live a balanced life

• Take a nap every afternoon

• When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, stick together

• BE aware of Wonder

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,761,938 books! | Top bar: Always visible