Die ersten und die letzten Arbeiten des…

Die ersten und die letzten Arbeiten des Herkules (original 1947; edition 2007)

by Agatha Christie

Member:rahv7
Title:Die ersten und die letzten Arbeiten des Herkules
Authors:Agatha Christie
Info:Fischer Taschenbuch Vlg. (2007), Paperback
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Short Stories, Mystery, Poirot, German

The Labours of Hercules by Agatha Christie (1947)

English (30)  Danish (1)  Spanish (1)  All (32)
I really enjoyed this set of stories, loosely based on the stories about the mythological Hercules. They were supposed to be Poirot's swan song, but we know his retirement didn't stick afterwards. Recommended to any Christie fan. ( )
  ktlavender | Jul 17, 2017 |
I often read Agatha Christie books as fillers between other books. They always come through to amuse. This book was different as it was 12 short stories instead of one narrative. This made it nice as light reading over the weelend. I haven't read an Agatha Christie I didn't like! ( )
  Hanneri | Jun 18, 2017 |
Not the best of Agatha Christie, still, quite enjoyable. Some pearls by Hercule Poirot, always an entertaining character. (The movie made of it butchered the story so much you will only recognize it because of the title.) ( )
  MrsRK | Nov 21, 2016 |
I loved the creativity Christie used in tying her Hercule Poirot short stories to the 12 Labors of Hercules in mythology. This collection of short stories were a typical collection of Hercule Poirot mysteries. I enjoyed the cast of characters that paraded through the stories, some even made multiple appearances. My favorite stories were "The Stymphalean Birds" and "The Flock of Geryon". Like with any anthology some stories were not as strong, but I loved the creativity Christie showed and that rose-colored my opinion of all the stories. ( )
  jguidry | Oct 31, 2016 |
I knew this book was going to be filled with short cases, but I thought (for some reason) they would be connected. They were not. I'm not a fan of short mysteries, because there is no development of the case. ( )
  Sareene | Oct 22, 2016 |

Christie, Agathaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fraser, HughNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hercule Poirot's flat was essentially modern in its furnishings.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425067858, Mass Market Paperback)

On the verge of retirement, Hercule Poirot can't resist the lure of a seemingly unsolvable series of recent crimes--from a lost Pekinese to a man driven mad by love to a gentleman poisoned by gossip.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:50 -0400)

In appearance Hercule Poirot hardly resembled an ancient Greek hero. Yet - reasoned the detective - like Hercules he had been responsible for ridding society of some of its most unpleasant monsters. So, in the period before he retired, Poirot made up his mind to accept just twelve more cases: his self-imposed 'Labors'. Each would go down in the annals of crime as a heroic feat of deduction.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,014,032 books! | Top bar: Always visible