For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison

For a Few Demons More (edition 2007)

by Kim Harrison

Member:WholeHouseLibrary
Title:For a Few Demons More
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:New York : EOS, c2007., 456 pages
Collections:Your library, Signed

For A Few Demons More by Kim Harrison

Recently added bySweetLiar, private library, SaschaD, jlweaver, joenba7, GigisIrieReads, thatchris

English (60)  Dutch (2)  All languages (62)
ACK! For the second time in one week I've been stunned by the emotional impact of a book. Rachel is in way over her head this time and has reached a turning point. Secrets meant to protect the Focus are coming to light and now were are being killed by an unknown source who wants to possess it. All of Rachel's enemies are moving in at once and things quickly spiral out of control. With the battle lines drawn, she launches desperate plan in a last ditch effort to save the people she loves without losing her soul...or her life.

I'd say that the series has been building up to this moment from the beginning. The last half of the book was so fast paced I growled ever time an interruption took me away from the story. I have a love-hate relationship with books that make me ugly cry. I can't help but appreciate writing that gets me emotionally involved, but it's hard to see characters I've grown to care for suffer. Harrison did a great job with those scenes creating many gut-wrenching moments among the action and usually silliness that accompanies her stories. Grab your kleenex for this one. You're going to need it.

Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Sad..... : ( But what a ride !!!! Great story keep me up most the night, had to keep going. I can't wait for the next book, there has to be some happiness right ? ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Kim Harrison rocks! Great characters, great story. ( )
  kmmsb459 | Jan 24, 2016 |
I stopped reading this series about 8 years ago because I got bored with it. I decided to give it another try as I love the world it is set in. I ended up with mixed feelings for this book, some of it just droned on or felt not right/weird, while some was great. I'll keep reading the series, but slowly rather than racing through it like I did the first few books. ( )
  jadedlioness | Dec 29, 2015 |
Not quite as compelling as the previous book in the series, but the series remains one of my favorite in the genre of paranormal urban fantasy. I'm particularly fascinated by the relationship between Rachel and Ivy and am curious to see where the author takes it in the remaining books of the series. ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |
To the guy who knows that the rose is more beautiful with the thorns still on it.
Hammering my fist against the back of my closet wasn't one of my more pleasant dreams.
'This is about summoning demons, isn't it?' I said, and he nodded, too fresh-faced to look sage, but trying for it anyway. I leaned against my car, amazed at how the brightest-looking people did the dumbest things. (Rachel, chapter 16)
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES:

This book is a work of fiction. The characters, incidents, and dialogue are drawn from the author's imagination and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

No part of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data has been applied for.

Despite dating one vampire and living with another, Rachel Morgan has always managed to stay just ahead of trouble ... until now.

A fiendish serial killer stalks the Hollows, and no none living in or around Cincinnati - human, inhuman, or undead - is safe.

An ancient artifact may be the key to stopping the murderer - a mysterious relic that is now in the hands of Rachel Morgan, fearless independent bounty hunter and reckless witch. But revealing it could ignite a battle to the death among the vast and varied local supernatural races.

Rachel's' been lucky so far. But even she can't hide from catastrophe forever.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0061149810, Mass Market Paperback)

With her action-packed Hollows series, featuring former bounty hunter--and mistress of the dark arts--Rachel Morgan, Kim Harrison has become one of the hottest authors in the incredibly popular genre of sexy supernaturalism. In her latest Hollows tale, For a Few Demons More, Rachel unleashes all kinds of undead fury on the greater Cincinnati area when she tries to track down a serial killer. To catch up on the Hollows series so far, and to see the music that has inspired the stories, see below.

Dead Witch Walking (Book 1)
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (Book 2)
Every Which Way but Dead (Book 3)
A Fistful of Charms (Book 4)

Music Is the Muse

For Kim Harrison, music inspires her stories, and especially her characters. In her exclusive Music Is the Muse list for us, she reveals some favorite records that have provided the source, and the soul, for Rachel, Ivy, Trent, and more of her passionate and powerful characters. Among her muses:

Bleed Like Me, Garbage
With Teeth, Nine Inch Nails
Fallen, Evanescence

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:08 -0400)

When a serial murderer begins killing off members of Hollows society, Rachel Morgan finds herself swept up in a brutal Inderland gang war, a situation that is complicated by her demonic nemesis, and the release of a vampire master.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,359,789 books! | Top bar: Always visible