For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, Book 5)…

For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, Book 5) (edition 2007)

by Kim Harrison

Member:charlee2
Title:For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, Book 5)
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:Harper Voyager (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 560 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison

English (65)  Dutch (2)  All languages (67)
Sometimes you need breaks during a series, but I find that with this one, I just want to continue to read one right after the other. I love that Ivy and Rachel's convoluted relationship is getting a little spicy now, and that Jenk is same old Jenks. Oh but poor Kisten. I really liked him as well. Al will probably always be one of my favorite villains. Basically, I like every single character, no matter how secondary they are. Great job Harrison! Still can't decide if I will end up buying this whole series or not, but probably. Also, I highly recommend this series on audio. So superb. ( )
  Kassilem | Jul 21, 2018 |
For a Few Demons More
3 Stars

Private Investigator and Ley Line witch, Rachel Morgan, has her hands full dealing with a mentally unstable demon breaking into her house, an apparent serial killer preying on newly turned female lupines, and Trent Kalamack who wants to hire her as security for his wedding. There is truly no rest for the wicked in The Hollows.

What is it with this series?! The storylines have such wonderful potential, but the angst between Ivy and Rachel simply ruin them. Their exasperating co-dependence is unhealthy to say the least, and their hot/cold relationship is in dire need of a resolution sooner rather than later.

The secondary characters are much more appealing. Jenks is as hilarious as always and it is worth reading the book if only for his colorful epithets. Trent's "the ends justify the means" approach certainly tests the boundaries of moral action, yet it is also clear that Rachel's biased view of him taints her perspective (alas a limitation of 1st person narrative). The demons play a larger role in this book with Al's return and the intriguing dynamic between Newt and Minias.

There are also some incredible twists and turns in that latter half of the book that are both shocking and compelling, and open up intriguing avenues for future installments.

Despite my issues with the characters, the ongoing story arc is interesting enough to continue the series and Marguerite Gavin's narration is superb. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Another solid offering from Kim Harrison. I would probably give this more of a 3.5/5, but enjoyed it enough to round up. The Hollows stories are all basically books that for half the time talk about Rachel Morgan's emotional angst, and the other half moves the story along. There seemed to be more eye-rolling moments for me this time around, but the action, especially towards the end made the story good for me.

The character development in this story was good for some of the secondary characters. I also enjoy the world building and the various races/types of the characters and the interplay between them. It keeps me interested enough to want to keep going through the series. ( )
  msaucier818 | Apr 9, 2018 |
Sempre superlativa la nostra Kim Harrison.
Ma, adesso, vogliamo l'altro! Non potete lasciarci in sospeso con l'ansia assurda di non sapere se Rachel riuscirà o meno a trovare un equilibrio di sangue e/o sesso con Evie!!! ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
This has to be my favorite of the series. ( )
  CrissyMoss | Aug 14, 2016 |
To the guy who knows that the rose is more beautiful with the thorns still on it.
Hammering my fist against the back of my closet wasn't one of my more pleasant dreams.
'This is about summoning demons, isn't it?' I said, and he nodded, too fresh-faced to look sage, but trying for it anyway. I leaned against my car, amazed at how the brightest-looking people did the dumbest things. (Rachel, chapter 16)

A fiendish serial killer stalks the Hollows, and no none living in or around Cincinnati - human, inhuman, or undead - is safe.

An ancient artifact may be the key to stopping the murderer - a mysterious relic that is now in the hands of Rachel Morgan, fearless independent bounty hunter and reckless witch. But revealing it could ignite a battle to the death among the vast and varied local supernatural races.

Rachel's' been lucky so far. But even she can't hide from catastrophe forever.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0061149810, Mass Market Paperback)

With her action-packed Hollows series, featuring former bounty hunter--and mistress of the dark arts--Rachel Morgan, Kim Harrison has become one of the hottest authors in the incredibly popular genre of sexy supernaturalism. In her latest Hollows tale, For a Few Demons More, Rachel unleashes all kinds of undead fury on the greater Cincinnati area when she tries to track down a serial killer. To catch up on the Hollows series so far, and to see the music that has inspired the stories, see below.

Dead Witch Walking (Book 1)
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (Book 2)
Every Which Way but Dead (Book 3)
A Fistful of Charms (Book 4)

Music Is the Muse

For Kim Harrison, music inspires her stories, and especially her characters. In her exclusive Music Is the Muse list for us, she reveals some favorite records that have provided the source, and the soul, for Rachel, Ivy, Trent, and more of her passionate and powerful characters. Among her muses:

Bleed Like Me, Garbage
With Teeth, Nine Inch Nails
Fallen, Evanescence

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:08 -0400)

Despite dating one vampire and living with another, Rachel Morgan has always managed to stay just ahead of trouble . . . until now. A fiendish serial killer stalks the Hollows, and no one living in or around Cincinnati--human, inhuman, or undead--is safe. An ancient artifact may be the key to stopping the murderer--a mysterious relic that is now in the hands of Rachel Morgan, fearless independent bounty hunter and reckless witch. But revealing it could ignite a battle to the death among the vast and varied local supernatural races. Rachel's been lucky so far. But even she can't hide from catastrophe forever.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,353,884 books! | Top bar: Always visible