The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney by…

The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney

by Lauren Barnholdt

A seemingly harmless lie that she is popular and dating the most sought after guy in school sets off a chain reaction for Devon when she must find a way to live up to the popular image she touted.

I usually hate books about liars. It's such an easy conflict to solve, and it drives me crazy when the main character digs herself deeper and deeper into her problem with more lies when just telling the truth would make things so much better. In theory anyway.

This book didn't bother me as much. Devon's story was funny and the tension was just right, and honestly, I probably would have done the same thing in her shoes. A fun read! ( )
  lilrongal | Nov 20, 2017 |
Devon is pretty much a nobody. When she spends the summer with her grandma and meets a new girl named Lexy, she tells her that she is the most popular girl and is dating the most popular boy Jarod, she thinks it is ok. But when Lexy moves to Devons school and fits in with the populars, Devon is forced to make a relationship with Jarod. But when a jelous girl named Kim finds out the secret and threatens to tell, and Jarods best friend tries to ask Devon out, things turn for the worst. This causes her to have to make a desision that could change everything. ( )
  sports-star | Apr 11, 2012 |
It was hillarious and intriguing. I couldn't set it down. ( )
  Sweetlexington | May 21, 2011 |
Kept my interest, made me laugh, lots of conflict, you learn a lot of morals while enjoying the book, there's romance. ( )
  MrsDayClass | Mar 17, 2011 |
Lauren Barnholdt's "The secret indentity of Devon Delaney" caught my attention with it's unique style of writing and clever storylines. I really liked this book because it teaches us an important life rule, if you lie no matter how good the lie is ,sooner or later someone is going to find out and its going to come the other way around . Like in the story Devon lied to Lexi about her populairty rank but then after Lexi found out that Devon lied to her she was really mad.
This book is about a girl named Devon who lied to her summer friend Lexi about who popular she is at school and a super hot boyfriend that she has. Her lie dont last as long as she wants , soon Kim ( the most popular girl at school) knows that she have been lying to Lexi. Kim who enjoys taking other girls boyfriends threatened Devon to leave Luke(a boy that likes Devon)alone or else she's going to spoil her secret but after after a fight with Lexi she spilled out the Devon's secrets trying to ruin their friendship as well. Lexi was mad at Devon for a while but after Devon's sincere apology these two became friends again.
This book reminds me of "Pinocchio"because whenever Pinocchio lied karma found it's way back t him making his nose longer as a punishment. Like in the book when people found out that Devon lied to them they were upset and Devon has to take responsiblilty of what she had done and apologize to the ones she lied to.
In this book there were many characters. The main characters were Devon,Lexi,Jared and Melissa. Devon is a outgoing girl who took the wrong path in life and decide to lie about her life then ending up learning a great life lesson about never to lie. Lexi is a girl Devon met in the summer when she was visiting her grandmothers house. Jared is a boy who's a perfectionist and cares a lot about how he looks. He is also the most popular guy at school .Melissa is Devons best friend. A innocent girl with a forgiving heart.
The book "The secret identity of Devon delanley "would appeal primarily to girl readers because it mostly talks about relationships between freinds and boys. I think readers between the age of 10 to 14 would be intersted in reading. Although it's more appealing to girls i recommand both gendre to read it because it teaches a great lesson and sets a good example. ( )
  bubblybubbles | Nov 27, 2010 |

Devon's parents are fighting so her and her sister have to stay with their grandmother for the summer. While there she makes a new friend named Lexi. She tells Lexi these lies about how she is popular and has a lot of friends. At the time she wasn't worried about Lexi finding out the truth since she wasn't in her town. But when she returns for the school year she is surprised to see Lexi in the front of her class. She can't have her finding out the truth about her life so she tells lie after lie until she is stuck in a web of lies.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,198,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible