Reader and Raelynx by Sharon Shinn

Reader and Raelynx (2007)

by Sharon Shinn

Such a great book! Just finished it today and I loved it as much if not more than the others. Even though the other books have been in the perspective of different people each time I still love Senneth the best and I make sure to look and see if her name is there. I love seeing her and Tayse together, and seeing their relationship progress and strengthen. I hope she gets pregnant in the next book, since Ellynor already is, and I want Kirra and Donnal to get married; that would make the conclusion the best. And Cammon and Amalie! It's hilarious that Justin was right about Cammon falling in love with the unlikeliest person but they're so great together! I can't wait to get the next book and finish the series; I'm hoping the others will be in this book too even though it's about someone not from they're original group. ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
TBR ( )
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
Fantasy,Shapeshifting,Magic
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
This is the story that closes the major story arc in the Novel of the Twelve Houses series, though there is one more book to follow, Fortune and Fate.

Raelynxs are almost mythical large cats, swift, lethal and impossible to kill; but one is caged on the palace grounds at the request of Queen Valri, who is the only one who can keep it under control, although Cammon and Senneth were able to manage it as a young cat.

The Reader of the title is Cammon, the last of the six companions (Senneth, Tayse, Kirra, Donnal, Justin and Cammon) who started their adventures together about a year previously in Mystic and Rider. Being a reader, he can sense his friends and their well-being anywhere on the island of Gillengaria, and is a powerful enough mystic to convey strong emotions to them. He is a happy go lucky lad, studying to use his powers (for good) at the capital, Gosenhall, when he is called in to protect the heir, princess Amalie, as suitors and assassins come to the palace. Those loyal to King Baryn are trying to prevent an impending civil war, so Senneth mobilises the mystics of Gillengaria while Tayse marshals the King's Riders in defence .

As ever, I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. There are hints about the countries outside Gillengaria, and forgotten gods and goddesses who bequeath talents to more than just the mystics. Shinn gives us political alliances, battles, mystical powers, friendships, romances ... and wraps it up with glimpses of duelling deities.

The loose ends have been tied up (which always makes me happy), and I'm feeling sated, but reluctant to leave her world; it's a good thing there's that one more novel. ( )
  humouress | Oct 18, 2012 |
I have been enjoying this series which I started while I was on vacation. This is the fourth book in the series and a certain familiarity with the characters is required or the dynamics between them may seem trite or contrived, however it is a very entertaining read and this volume, like the series as a whole, is a page turner! I've been reading it on kindle for iphone and found the digital format to be just as readable as the paperbacks! ( )
  nkmunn | Nov 19, 2010 |
For Kay Kenyon and Louise Marley,
with whom I have shared
the joys and terrors of writing a series -
terrific writers, faithful convention buddies,
and true friends.
Dalcey rode into Ghosenhall late on a bright, cold midwinter morning.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441016456, Mass Market Paperback)

The final confrontation is here: the fourth book in the stunning fantasy series.

In a world of secret sorceries and forbidden desires, the mystic Cammon must put aside his personal feelings for Princess Amalie and help her find a suitor, until he discovers that he needs to protect her from her own powers.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:00 -0400)

In this novel of secret sorceries and forbidden desires, the mystic Cammon must put aside his personal feelings for Princess Amalie while he reads the souls of her suitors for any potential threats. But Cammon is unable to read Amalie, and he begins to suspect that she herself possesses magic powers-a revelation which would put her life in danger, and throw the kingdom into chaos.--From publisher's description.… (more)

53 wanted2 pay2 pay

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,606,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible