Sweet Revenge (Goldy Schulz) by Diane Mott…

Sweet Revenge (Goldy Schulz) (original 2007; edition 2008)

by Diane Mott Davidson

Member:tutter1297
Title:Sweet Revenge (Goldy Schulz)
Authors:Diane Mott Davidson
Info:Avon (2008), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages

Sweet Revenge by Diane Mott Davidson (2007)

Fudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke (tammychristine)
    tammychristine: Another enjoyable series with recipes.

I've enjoyed other books in this series of Goldy the Colorado Crime Solver/Caterer, but this one is just plain bad. I actually searched on the internet to see if she started using a ghost writer. The "local color" was mostly rich folks houses. Her repeating characters were out-of-character and there were too many other characters. Not surprised so many reviewers gave this one poor marks. Took me forever to finish. ( )
  MM_Jones | Nov 28, 2017 |
Goldy Schulz is a caterer living in Colorado. She is married to her 2nd husband Tom, who is a police detective. She has a teenage son, Arch who has his permit and is ready to jump at any chance to drive.

Goldy and her best friend made me laugh. ( )
  nx74defiant | Oct 29, 2017 |
I have read many of this culinary mystery series and enjoyed some of the recipes. This one, however, was just bad. The characters were flat and boring and Goldy was ridiculously stupid. ( )
  400mom | Nov 23, 2016 |
Another good installment in the Goldy the Caterer series. My only complaint was the killer who came back from the dead bit was rather cheesy. I didn't expect that from this author. The rest of the story was the usual comic happenings. ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
Although initially not interested in reading a cozy mystery involving a caterer, I'm glad I did. It was a light read similar to Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum mysteries ( )
  John_Warner | Jan 22, 2016 |
A month before Christmas, I saw a ghost.

Goldy Schulz is thrilled to be catering a holiday breakfast feast for the staff of the Aspen Meadow Library. But little does she know that on the menu, alongside the Great Expectations Grapefruit, Chuzzlewit Cheese Pie, and Bleak House Bars, is a large helping of murder.

While setting up at the library, Goldy spots a woman lurking in the stacks who bears a striking resemblance to Sandee Brisbane—the Sandee Brisbane who killed Goldy's ex-husband, the Jerk. But Sandee is supposed to be dead. Or so everyone believes.

Goldy's suspicions mount when the body of Drew Wellington, a former district attorney, is found in a corner of the library with a map worth thousands of dollars stashed in his clothing. She's convinced that Sandee is involved.

But the holiday madness is only just beginning for Goldy. Soon she's drawn into the dangerous, double-crossing world of high-end map dealing. And like the ghost of Christmas past, Sandee keeps making an appearance. Could she be out to prove that revenge is sweet?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:11 -0400)

Goldy Schultz is a happy caterer with a full calendar for December. But as she sets up for a holiday breakfast, she spies a woman who is supposed to be dead, and discovers the corpse of a lawyer who shouldn't be dead.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,352,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible