Raid and the Blackest Sheep by Harri…

Raid and the Blackest Sheep

by Harri Nykänen

English (3)  German (1)  All (4)
A pretty standard crime on the road novel with the exotic location of Finland. ( )
  jerhogan | Aug 6, 2014 |
I've finished this book today and I liked it. Which means that I kept reading because I wanted to know how it end, this story of Nygren and the men who seek him, cops and criminals alike.
It was an unusual crime story. On the one hand, this made me read on, because I wanted to know how this unusual story ends. On the other hand n I found it a dull story.
There was not a lot of excitement, the police could prevent not a single action of Nygren and Raid.
For me it were two stories, one of Nygren and Raid and the other from Jansson & the police that ran side by side. Only when Jansson and Nygren met and at the end when Kepmas ended up being toothey intertwined.

I do not know if I will a thriller / mystery by Nykänen again. If they are all this unusually, maybe only if I find one AND if I'm in the mood. But a big "super!" this crime story does not get from me. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Raid is a criminal. He slips across the Swedish/Finnish border, toying with the police, carrying out work for hire but adhering to his own code. In this entry in a long series, Raid is assisting an old fellow con, Nygren, as he settles his affairs. Nygren is dying of cancer, but before he goes he has scores to settle. He starts with a preacher who manipulates the gullible for cash, moves on to put a violent drug dealer out of business, and tracks down a man who he wronged many years ago to set things right. Raid is at his side, protecting him from a couple of thugs and from an ambitious and hard-nosed narcotics detective, driving Nygren north above the Arctic Circle. A good book, well-translated.
  bfister | Nov 7, 2010 |
Original title: Raid ja mustempi lammas

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,563,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible