Embraced by the Light by Betty J. Eadie

Embraced by the Light (original 1992; edition 1994)

by Betty J. Eadie, Curtis Taylor

Member:theoldman
Title:Embraced by the Light
Authors:Betty J. Eadie
Other authors:Curtis Taylor
Info:Bantam (1994), Hardcover, 147 pages

Embraced By The Light by Betty J. Eadie (1992)

English (10)  Dutch (1)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (12)
Intriguing story about a life after death experience. ( )
  wareagle78 | Mar 17, 2014 |
An enlightening description of what heaven looks like, what we were before we came into this world, what lies ahead for us in the afterlife and a beautiful explanation of other things unnatural and inexplainable in our human lives today.

This is still by far, one of my most favorite books of all time. :) ( )
  snapsandreads | Jun 3, 2013 |
This book was alright I suppose, but I wouldn't call it life changing or phenomenal. I read it because I've always been interested in life after death theories and out of body experiences. Sadly, this book wasn't that well written, but it was still interesting. I'd probably recommend a different author for people looking for information on these subjects but if you're looking for something quick, than this is the book for you because it's a very thin novel. ( )
  katfusion | Oct 4, 2010 |
A woman recalls her tale of her after-death experiences.
  austinwood | Sep 19, 2009 |
Loved this book! There are some books credited for changing my life, this was one.

I tried to go back and re-read it, but couldn't. For some reason, it was good at a certain time period in my life. Now I have moved on. ( )
  judithkaye | Jun 4, 2008 |
My appreciation to Curtis Taylor, writer-editor for Gold Leaf Press.
Without his extraordinary talent and tremendous sensitivity to the Spirit, this would would not exist in its present form.
Betty J Eadie
To the Light, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to whom I owe all that I have. He is the "staff" that I lean on; without him I would fall.
To my wonderful husband Joe, who has been a mortal "rock" of strength and encouragment.
To my eight children:
Donna Maire, Cheryl Ann, Glenn Allen, Cynthia Carol, Joseph Lee, Stewart Jeffrey, Thomas Britton and Betty Jean,
all of whom are the "salt," the flavor, in my life.
and last but not least, to my eight grandchildren:
Kurt Andrew, Jessica Elizabeth, Zachary Britton, Natalie Kathleen, Stephanie Leigh, Andrea Meggan, Jennifer Leanne, and Keona Marie.
these little ones are the jewels in my crown.
I learned more about near-death experiences from reading Embraced by the Light than from any other experience in my live, including ten years of studying near-death experiences and interviewing children and adults who have survived clinical death.

The most profound and complete near death experience ever.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553565915, Paperback)

Embraced by the Light is an inspirational map of the afterlife framed in the moment of Eadie's death, and presents a possible answer to the big question, "Why are we here?" An easy read, its subtitle could have been "The Average Person's Guide to Near-Death Experiences." Although heavily filtered through Eadie's Christian worldview, her vision of the afterlife does not include a wrathful deity, but a figure of love and compassion. Some readers may find Eadie's repeated Christian references bothersome, and Embraced by the Light will undoubtedly raise a lot of questions along the lines of "What about reincarnation?" and "What happens to people who are not Christians?" --Brian Patterson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:34 -0400)

Relates the near-death experience of Betty Eadie, and recounts the events that followed.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,335,805 books! | Top bar: Always visible