Embraced by the Light by Betty J. Eadie

Embraced by the Light (original 1992; edition 1994)

by Betty J. Eadie, Curtis Taylor

Title:Embraced by the Light
Authors:Betty J. Eadie
Other authors:Curtis Taylor
Info:Bantam (1994), Hardcover, 147 pages

Embraced By The Light by Betty J. Eadie (1992)

English (11)  Dutch (1)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (13)
I read this book in Danish since I had it in that language though I would rather have read it in the original language, English.

In this book, we´re told much of Betty´s life history and how she met Jim, her loving husband.

Betty was in the hospital to have a hysterectomy, and following the operation she left her body. She met three men on the other side; they resembled monks and were wise and knowledgeable. They told her they had been with her for an eternity, and she saw in her mind pictures of her previous time with them. She understood that death was, in reality, a rebirth to a greater life with understanding and wisdom. They explained that, together with others, they had been her guardian angels in her life on Earth.

They told her she had died too early, but that everything would work out. She felt their deep love and concern; they filled her with joy.

Betty had six children and she worried about them, now that she was “dead”. She flew to her home into the living-room and saw the children getting ready for bed. She realized that each of her children was on Earth to have his/her own experiences and that, even though she had regarded them as “hers”, she was mistaken. Each one had his or her free will to live his/her own freely chosen life. She saw some of their challenges and troubles but knew that these would be necessary for their growth.

She heard a buzzing sound and bells ringing. She felt lifted up by an enormous black tornado, but had an inner feeling of well-being and peace. She was aware that other people and animals were travelling with her. She felt that healing was taking place; she had never before felt greater peace.

She saw a tunnel of light and travelled through it at great speed. She saw a man surrounded by a golden light. His light mixed with hers. He was Jesus Christ; he was Life and Love. She had known him long before her life on Earth; her soul remembered him.

Jesus told her that it was not her time yet. She asked him lots of questions and received answers.

She understood that we are here to help each other, love each other, forgive and serve each other. We are here to love each person born on Earth.

She learnt that we should love our enemies and let go of our anger, hate, envy, bitterness and reluctance to forgive.

She saw that we have all chosen our positions in the world and that each of us receives more help than we realize.

Betty saw that many of us have ourselves chosen the illness/es we suffer from. All our experiences are for own good; as souls, we are willing, even keen, to accept all our sufferings/illnesses and accidents on Earth so that we can improve spiritually. The pain we experience on Earth is just a moment of our consciousness in the spirit world, and we are extremely willing to endure it. Our death is also often intended to help us grow.

Suicide will result in our losing the opportunity of developing more on Earth. We are here to learn, to experiment, and to make mistakes. We should not judge ourselves.

This book is extremely comprehensive and contains much more than I have indicated here. I am amazed that the author managed to remember all the experiences she recounts in such detail.

The most important message Betty received was: “First and foremost, love each other!” ( )
  IonaS | Aug 11, 2016 |
Intriguing story about a life after death experience. ( )
  wareagle78 | Mar 17, 2014 |
An enlightening description of what heaven looks like, what we were before we came into this world, what lies ahead for us in the afterlife and a beautiful explanation of other things unnatural and inexplainable in our human lives today.

This is still by far, one of my most favorite books of all time. :) ( )
  snapsandreads | Jun 3, 2013 |
This book was alright I suppose, but I wouldn't call it life changing or phenomenal. I read it because I've always been interested in life after death theories and out of body experiences. Sadly, this book wasn't that well written, but it was still interesting. I'd probably recommend a different author for people looking for information on these subjects but if you're looking for something quick, than this is the book for you because it's a very thin novel. ( )
  katfusion | Oct 4, 2010 |
A woman recalls her tale of her after-death experiences.
  austinwood | Sep 19, 2009 |
My appreciation to Curtis Taylor, writer-editor for Gold Leaf Press.
Without his extraordinary talent and tremendous sensitivity to the Spirit, this would would not exist in its present form.
Betty J Eadie
To the Light, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to whom I owe all that I have. He is the "staff" that I lean on; without him I would fall.
To my wonderful husband Joe, who has been a mortal "rock" of strength and encouragment.
To my eight children:
Donna Maire, Cheryl Ann, Glenn Allen, Cynthia Carol, Joseph Lee, Stewart Jeffrey, Thomas Britton and Betty Jean,
all of whom are the "salt," the flavor, in my life.
and last but not least, to my eight grandchildren:
Kurt Andrew, Jessica Elizabeth, Zachary Britton, Natalie Kathleen, Stephanie Leigh, Andrea Meggan, Jennifer Leanne, and Keona Marie.
these little ones are the jewels in my crown.
I learned more about near-death experiences from reading Embraced by the Light than from any other experience in my live, including ten years of studying near-death experiences and interviewing children and adults who have survived clinical death.

The most profound and complete near death experience ever.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553565915, Paperback)

Embraced by the Light is an inspirational map of the afterlife framed in the moment of Eadie's death, and presents a possible answer to the big question, "Why are we here?" An easy read, its subtitle could have been "The Average Person's Guide to Near-Death Experiences." Although heavily filtered through Eadie's Christian worldview, her vision of the afterlife does not include a wrathful deity, but a figure of love and compassion. Some readers may find Eadie's repeated Christian references bothersome, and Embraced by the Light will undoubtedly raise a lot of questions along the lines of "What about reincarnation?" and "What happens to people who are not Christians?" --Brian Patterson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:04 -0400)

Relates the near-death experience of Betty Eadie, and recounts the events that followed.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,727,648 books! | Top bar: Always visible