The Independent Command by James Doohan

The Independent Command (2000)

by James Doohan, S.M. Stirling (Author)

91None131,955 (3.33)None
#3 (2) 2001 (1) AF (1) aliens (2) Book 3 (1) ebook (7) fiction (6) Flight Engineer (6) future (1) hardcover (1) hb (1) HC (1) imported (1) james doohan (2) military (2) never read (1) novel (1) own (1) paperback (1) read (1) science fiction (20) series (1) sf (5) sff (2) space ship (1) space war (1) starships (2) to-read (1) unread (1) us11 (1)

baen ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
While I found this an entertaining read, I felt the writing wasn't that good and the ending pretty lame, I liked the variety of characters and the interplay caused by the first contact between disparate species well done. The details were't overdone and the plot exceptional. There was enough action to keep me turning the pages. But sadly, the ending left a me disappointed. ( )
  DavidLErickson | Feb 2, 2011 |
This was the best out of the trilogy - mostly because I enjoyed the description of the alien society. Again, not hugely original. ( )
  francescadefreitas | Jan 14, 2007 |

James Doohanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stirling, S.M.Authormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671318519, Mass Market Paperback)

"Star Trek's" "Scotty" and Stirling continue the saga of Peter Raeder, former fighter pilot and unorthodox war hero, and his ship, "Invincible." On a desperate mission to hit the alien Fibians behind the lines, the battle drives Raeder deep into alien space and damages his ship beyond hope of returning home. There, he discovers the monstrous Fibians may not be monsters after all.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:03 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,437,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible