Hitler's Spies by David Kahn

Hitler's Spies (original 1978; edition 1980)

by David Kahn

Member:Cina
Title:Hitler's Spies
Authors:David Kahn
Info:Arrow Books (1980), Paperback, 525 pages

Hitler's Spies by David Kahn (1978)

I have the hardback edition, which does indeed contain an index. Although this book is not Mr. Kahn's best book (that would be The Codebreakers), it still has much to recommend it. Anyone with the least interest of espionage in WWII will want to study this book. ( )
  MsMixte | Nov 26, 2012 |
Recently re-read; my paperback copy suffers from the lack of an index and source notes as well as in my view poor readability. At times I had to skip several pages of detail about the Abwehr or some other part of the German intelligence apparatus. However his notes on the various spies was in sufficient depth to remedy many of the faults noted above. I'd be interested in other views and also whether an index exists in hardback versions. I read it alongside "British intelligence in the Second World War Vol 4" which provides the other side of the story and "Camp 020" which has many more examples of those interviewed by MI5
  xtofersdad | Jan 18, 2008 |

A German patrol wiggles through Russian lines to return with details of Soviet defenses. An expert Luftwaffe interrogator teases secret information from downed Allied airmen. Two spies steal ashore in Maine and make their way into New York City. Filled with episodes of intrigue and adventure, Hitler's Spies reveals the workings of German intelligence—the famed Abwehr, the dreaded SD, the codebreakers, the spies, and the intelligence gatherers of the Foreign Office—and explains its failure to best the Allies. Draws on original documents and extensive interviews.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:16 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,557,910 books! | Top bar: Always visible