Tea House on Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens

Tea House on Mulberry Street (edition 2005)

by Sharon Owens

Member:antheas_cleaner
Title:Tea House on Mulberry Street
Authors:Sharon Owens
Info:Penguin Books Ltd (2005), Paperback

The Tea House on Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens

This was enjoyable with the ends all neatly tucked in. I rather loved Sadie, her character was easy to identify with and I really liked how she worked within her sphere to influence her own story. The other stories were good, too, but Sadie's was the best. ( )
  SMBrick | Feb 25, 2018 |
after 6 weeks of getting thru this book, I gave up.It is not bad,it is not a page turner,but just not good enough to spend more time on.too many good books to read. ( )
  LauGal | Aug 16, 2016 |
Exactly what it presents to be - a cozy story that gives every member of the community a happy ending. I read it last night when I was having one of my 'can't sleep for no good reason' nights and it was nice and easy for that. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
very good story, hard to put down, follows multiple characters ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
This is a cute story with wacky characters set in Belfast. Peopled with a collection of sweet oddballs, it is a light, endearing account of their lives. What I liked most was that one of the characters lived on Eglantine Avenue, near the Botanic Gardens, a street where I used to live back in the sixties, which created a nostalgic moment.

My version was an audiobook. Caroline Winterson's dreadful reading was excruciating and reduced my rating significantly. ( )
1 vote VivienneR | Apr 26, 2015 |

Muldoon's Tea Rooms, beloved for the cozy atmosphere and luscious desserts, has started looking a bit outdated-and the same could be said about the proprietors, Penny and Daniel Stanley. After seventeen years, their marriage has started to wear a little thin, even as their old shop bustles with the energy of the customers who seek refuge from their particular dilemmas, including a perpetually dieting housewife escaping her husband's betrayal; a starstruck, struggling artist; and a mysterious woman returning after twenty years abroad to search for a long-lost someone.

Behind the chocolate cappuccinos are the stirrings of a revolution that will redefine lives, heal troubled hearts, and rock the very foundation of the humble tea house-and through it all, Penny and Daniel manage to discover what truly matters in life . . . and in love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:07 -0400)

Muldoon's Tea Rooms on Mulberry Street in Belfast is the crossroads for a vibrant cast of characters, each of whom is at a crossroads in his or her own life. From the proprietors, Daniel and Penny Stanley, to the winsome florist across the street, the starving artist next door, the philandering businessman across town, his plump little doormat wife, the spinster sisters down the road, and the pretentious society matron, everyone who enters the tearoom for a scone and some Earl Grey leaves a bit more resolved to make changes in his or her life.… (more)

Poolbeg Press

2 editions of this book were published by Poolbeg Press.

Editions: 1842232088, 1842231375

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,920,521 books! | Top bar: Always visible