Rappaccini's Daughter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Rappaccini's Daughter (1844)

by Nathaniel Hawthorne

I do enjoy this story. This particular version of it was hard to read at first; the notes mingle with summary mingle with story until it's hard to tell where the summary ends and the story begins. However, I enjoyed the re-read of the story even with the poor formatting choices.

Definitely a classic, and still easy enough to read (unlike some classics that haven't aged as well). ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | Feb 7, 2018 |
To be honest, when I started reading the story I kept dozing off, to the point that I just had to put it aside and take a nap. Afterwards I picked it continue it. Although it is a bit predictable, it turns out to be entertaining and gripping towards end. ( )
  Soireb | Mar 31, 2013 |

Nathaniel Hawthorneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Schama, SimonForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Story set in 18th century Padua about a student who becomes romantically involved with the daughter of the man whose poisonous garden his room overlooks.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,536,077 books! | Top bar: Always visible